Subject: [BEHAVE] Document Action: 'Analysis of Stateful 64 Translation' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:10:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Analysis of Stateful 64 Translation'
  (draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-07.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance
Avoidance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis/

Technical Summary

Due to specific problems, NAT-PT was deprecated by the IETF as a
mechanism to perform IPv6-IPv4 translation. Since then, new efforts
have been undertaken within IETF to standardize alternative
mechanisms to perform IPv6-IPv4 translation. This document evaluates
how the new stateful translation mechanisms avoid the problems that
caused the IETF to deprecate NAT-PT.

Working Group Summary

Nothing exciting happened.

Document Quality

This is not a protocol,  but an analysis document.
Therefore there are no implementations or promises to implement.

Personnel

shepherd: Dan Wing
responsible AD: David Harrington

RFC Editor Note

  please move pcp-base to the normative reference section.