Subject: [BEHAVE] RFC 7050 on Discovery of the IPv6 Prefix Used for IPv6 Address Synthesis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:22:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7050

        Title:      Discovery of the IPv6 Prefix 
                    Used for IPv6 Address Synthesis 
        Author:     T. Savolainen, J. Korhonen,
                    D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50097
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7050.txt

This document describes a method for detecting the presence of DNS64
and for learning the IPv6 prefix used for protocol translation on an
access network.  The method depends on the existence of a well-known
IPv4-only fully qualified domain name "ipv4only.arpa.".  The
information learned enables nodes to perform local IPv6 address
synthesis and to potentially avoid NAT64 on dual-stack and
multi-interface deployments.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC