Subject: [BEHAVE] RFC 7051 on Analysis of Solution Proposals for Hosts to Learn NAT64 Prefix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:23:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7051

        Title:      Analysis of Solution Proposals for 
                    Hosts to Learn NAT64 Prefix 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    T. Savolainen, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 55248
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-nat64-learn-analysis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7051.txt

Hosts and applications may benefit from learning if an IPv6 address
is synthesized and if NAT64 and DNS64 are present in a network.  This
document analyzes all proposed solutions (known at the time of
writing) for communicating whether the synthesis is taking place,
what address format was used, and what IPv6 prefix was used by the
NAT64 and DNS64.  These solutions enable both NAT64 avoidance and
local IPv6 address synthesis.  The document concludes by recommending
the standardization of the approach based on heuristic discovery.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC