Subject: [BEHAVE] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:39:06 -0400

This update has two small changes, constraining the size of the indexing 
addresses in the address and port map tables to eliminate smilint 
warnings about subidentifier counts.

Absent comments, this is ready to publish. I'll fill out the tracking 
tables showing how the issues raised by David Harrington in his initial 
review have been resolved.

Tom Taylor

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03.txt
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:29:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault 
<[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, Simon 
Perreault <[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou 
<[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou 
<[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, 
Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Taylor and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib
Revision:	03
Title:		Definitions of Managed Objects for Network Address Translators (NAT)
Document date:	2015-03-24
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		83
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib/
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03

Abstract:
    This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
    for devices implementing the Network Address Translator (NAT)
    function.  The new MIB module defined in this document, NATV2-MIB, is
    intended to replace module NAT-MIB (RFC 4008).  NATV2-MIB is not
    backwards compatible with NAT-MIB, for reasons given in the text of
    this document.  A companion document deprecates all objects in NAT-
    MIB.  NATV2-MIB can be used for monitoring of NAT instances on a
    device capable of NAT function.  Compliance levels are defined for
    three application scenarios: basic NAT, pooled NAT, and carrier-grade
    NAT (CGN).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:11:48 -0500

Hi, Tom,

> This update has two small changes, constraining the size of the indexing
addresses in the address and port map tables to eliminate smilint warnings
about subidentifier counts.

(1) please let me know when I should request IETF Last Call.

(2) do I understand that this draft and the draft deprecating the previous
MIB structure should be processed simultaneously?

Thanks,

Spencer

> To: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault <
[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, Simon
Perreault <[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>,
Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <
[email-masked]>, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
> Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib/
> Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-03
>
> Abstract:
> _______________________________________________
> Behave mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:37:28 -0400

> (1) please let me know when I should request IETF Last Call.

[ptt] I'd say, go ahead now.
> MIB structure should be processed simultaneously?

[ptt] Yes, that woulkd be a good idea.