Subject: [BEHAVE] [Errata Verified] RFC5766 (5231)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:22:47 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5766,
"Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5231

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Hannes Landeholm <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-01-09
Verified by: Spencer Dawkins (IESG)

Section: 16

Original Text
-------------
    |<-- Refresh success response -------|             |             |
    |    Transaction-Id=0x427BD3E625A85FC731DC4191     |             |
    |    SOFTWARE="Example server, version 1.17"       |             |
    |    LIFETIME=600 (10 minutes)       |             |             |

Corrected Text
--------------
    |<-- Refresh success response -------|             |             |
    |    Transaction-Id=0x427BD3E625A85FC731DC4191     |             |
    |    SOFTWARE="Example server, version 1.17"       |             |
    |    LIFETIME=600 (10 minutes)       |             |             |
    |    MESSAGE-INTEGRITY=...           |             |             |

Notes
-----
The last example refresh success response lacks message-integrity, incorrectly implying that the response after a stale nonce exchange does not have to be authenticated.

--------------------------------------
RFC5766 (draft-ietf-behave-turn-16)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
Publication Date    : April 2010
Author(s)           : R. Mahy, P. Matthews, J. Rosenberg
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG