Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn-01.txt> (Shortest Path Bridging, MAC Mode Support over EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 08:43:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Shortest Path Bridging, MAC Mode Support over EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how Ethernet Shortest Path Bridging MAC mode
   (802.1aq) can be combined with EVPN to interwork with PBB-PEs as
   described in the PBB-EVPN solution. This is achieved via
   operational isolation of each Ethernet network subtending an EVPN
   core while supporting full interworking between the different
   variations of Ethernet networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2085/