Subject: [bess] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-bidir-ingress-replication-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:38:47 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-bidir-ingress-replication-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-bidir-ingress-replication/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A very small point, and not a big deal:  The abstract says, "This
specification updates RFC 6514," presumably to meet the I-D nits
question.  But it doesn't say what, specifically, is updated, and I don't
get that clearly from reading the rest of the document either (I presume
that someone who knows 6514 well would understand; I think the
explanation is in the paragraph in the introduction that mentions Ingress
Replication tunnels, and there's a paragraph in the middle of Section
3.1...).  Can the sentence be expanded just a little (keeping it as one
sentence) to summarise what the update is?  I'm thinking along the line
of, "This specification updates RFC 6514 by [changing the procedures with
respect to [whatever]]."