Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Shortest Path Bridging, MAC Mode Support over EVPN' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:55:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Shortest Path Bridging, MAC Mode Support over EVPN'
  (draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn-02.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn/

Technical Summary

   This document describes how Ethernet Shortest Path Bridging MAC Mode
   (802.1aq) can be combined with EVPN in a way that interworks with
   PBB-PEs as described in the PBB-EVPN solution. This is achieved via
   operational isolation of each Ethernet network subtending an EVPN
   core while supporting full interworking between the different
   variations of Ethernet networks.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the L2VPN Working Group and was handed out 
  to the BESS Working Group at the time of the closure of L2VPN.

Document Quality

  The Document is focused, well written, and provides the necessary information.   
  The WG has been polled on the existence (or plans) of implementations.
  The Document Shepherd is aware of one implementation plan.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Alvaro Retana is the Responsible AD