Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-virtual-subnet-03.txt> (Virtual Subnet: A BGP/MPLS IP VPN-based Subnet Extension Solution) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:49:19 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Virtual Subnet: A BGP/MPLS IP VPN-based Subnet Extension Solution'
  <draft-ietf-bess-virtual-subnet-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a BGP/MPLS IP VPN-based subnet extension
   solution referred to as Virtual Subnet, which can be used for
   building Layer 3 network virtualization overlays within and/or
   between data centers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-virtual-subnet/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-virtual-subnet/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.