Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04.txt> (Extranet Multicast in BGP/IP MPLS VPNs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:46:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Extranet Multicast in BGP/IP MPLS VPNs'
  <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Previous RFCs specify the procedures necessary to allow IP multicast
   traffic to travel from one site to another within a BGP/MPLS IP VPN
   (Virtual Private Network).  However, it is sometimes desirable to
   allow multicast traffic whose source is in one VPN to be received by
   systems that are in another VPN.  This is known as a "Multicast VPN
   (MVPN) extranet".  This document updates RFCs 6513, 6514, and 6625 by
   specifying the procedures that are necessary in order to provide MVPN
   extranet service.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.