Subject: [bess] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 19:13:57 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeping in mind that reading multicast specifications now is like reading the
denser MPLS specifications 10-15 years ago, even with the forest of unfamiliar
terms in the Introduction, you manage to explain clearly what the problems
being addressed are. Thank you for that effort.

I support Mirja's Discuss, specifically because if this ever goes wrong, the
people writing this spec probably know the most about what to do about it. If
you can provide guidance, it will probably be better guidance than operators
will get from anyone else.

(And please take this as a compliment!)