Subject: [bess] Proposed updates to address comments to draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 07:50:17 -0700

Dear Ali,
my sincere apologies for being so terribly late to address your comments at
the BESS WG meeting in Montreal. Below are the updates I propose:
OLD TEXT:
  Then The Downstream PE MAY
   initiate a switchover of the traffic from the Primary Upstream PE to
   the Standby Upstream PE.
NEW TEXT:
  Then The Downstream PE MAY
   initiate a switchover of the traffic from the Primary Upstream PE to
   the Standby Upstream PE only if the Standby Upstream PE deemed
   available.  The dedicated p2mp BFD session MAY monitor the state of
   the Standby Upstream PE.

OLD TEXT:
   Whenever the state of the BFD session changes to Down the Provider
   Tunnel will be considered down, and the downstream PE will switch to
   the backup Provider Tunnel.
NEW TEXT:
   Whenever the state of the BFD session changes to Down the Provider
   Tunnel will be considered down, and the downstream PE MAY switch to
   the backup Provider Tunnel only if the backup Provider Tunnel deemed
   available.  The dedicated p2mp BFD session MAY monitor the state of
   the backup Provider Tunnel.

Attached please find diff to highlight the update and the new version of
the draft.

Kind regards,
Greg