Subject: [bess] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 14:02:28 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the work on this!

*** Substantive Comments ***

I support Mirja's DISCUSS.

- There is an IPR disclosure with possible royalties. The shepherd report says
there were no WG objections. How was the disclosure communicated? For example,
was the WG reminded of the disclosure at WGLC?

*** Editorial Comments ***

§3:
- Part way through the section, starting with "We also introduce a new notion,
the "match for tracking":", there is a section of text that has a significantly
different tone from the rest of the draft. It switches more of a lecture style,
then switches back. I suggest an edit pass to keep a consistent tone.  (I know
this is a question of style, and I will not press it further if people prefer
not to change it.)

- 2 paragraphs starting with "For a given C-flow..."
Why is this indented?

---

From: "Vigoureux, Martin (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 21:29:33 +0000

Ben,

thank you for your review.
Regarding your substantive COMMENT: the disclosure came at the time of 
WG adoption. The WG was thus specifically informed of that and given an 
extra week to (re)consider the positions already expressed.

The existence of the IPR was also mentioned and referenced in the WG 
Last Call e-mail.

-m

Le 2018-10-24 à 23:02, Ben Campbell a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> BESS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess
>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 18:01:20 -0500

Excellent, thanks!

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 4:29 PM, Vigoureux, Martin (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Ben,
>