Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05.txt> ((PBB-)EVPN Seamless Integration with (PBB-)VPLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 06:05:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - '(PBB-)EVPN Seamless Integration with
(PBB-)VPLS'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft specifies procedures for backward compatibility of
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) and Provider Backbone Bridge Ethernet VPN (PBB-
   EVPN) solutions with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and Provider
   Backbone Bridge VPLS (PBB-VPLS) solutions (PBB-)VPLS. It also
   provides mechanisms for seamless integration of these two
   technologies in the same MPLS/IP network on a per-VPN-instance basis.
   Implementation of this draft enables service providers to introduce
   (PBB-)EVPN PEs in their brown-field deployments of (PBB-)VPLS
   networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2472/