Subject: [bess] Discussion on various NH encoding

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:40:20 +0000

Hi WG,

(Speaking as co-chair)

The current discussion on the NH encodings in our AFI/SAFIs requires some particular attention.
We would like to take the opportunity of the next IETF to discuss the subject face to face.

In the meantime, we are looking for few volunteers who will:

-          Do an inventory of what do we have in our specifications: which AFI/SAFI, which NH encoding rules

-          Identify inconsistencies (if any) or assess if it hurts or not (theoretically)

-          What is implemented or is there some known implementation issues

-          Present and drive the discussion at next IETF

Based on this, we will see if there is something to do or not.
Timing is short before next IETF, however the more material we have, the better the discussion will be.

Who wants to help on this ?

Brgds,

Stephane & Matthew

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.