Subject: [bess] [Mail regarding rfc7432]Could you clarify which IP address we use to construct P2P tunnel for ingress replication.

From: "huangyang (E)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 06:45:39 +0000

Hi WG,

In the charpter 11.2 of RFC 7432:

11.2.  P-Tunnel Identification
"...+ If the PE that originates the advertisement uses ingress
replication for the P-tunnel for EVPN, the route MUST include the
PMSI Tunnel attribute with the Tunnel Type set to Ingress
Replication and the Tunnel Identifier set to a routable address of
the PE."

a routable address of the PE is not so strict. And does this mean
we use the Tunnel Identifier to construct P2P tunnel for ingress
replication, or we use the Originating Router's IP Address in the
IMET route key, or they are equivalent meaning?

And I see it use the BGP Next hop to construct P2P tunnel for BUM
ingress relication in RFC8365, Should Originating Router's IP Address,
the IP address of BGP Next hop, Tunnel Identifier in PMSI, be the same
IP address?

Now, this may cause interact problems when it implements differently.
Could you clarify this? Thanks.

Brgds,

Yang Huang

---

From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 06:50:40 +0000

Hi,

I think you should construct the ingress replication tunnels using the next hop of the IMET routes, otherwise you will have issues with inter-as model B scenarios. The received originating IP and next-hop at the ingress PE do not need to be the same.
Thanks.
Jorge

From: BESS <[email-masked]> on behalf of "huangyang (E)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [bess] [Mail regarding rfc7432]Could you clarify which IP address we use to construct P2P tunnel for ingress replication.

Hi WG,

And I see it use the BGP Next hop to construct P2P tunnel for BUM
ingress relication in RFC8365, Should Originating Router’s IP Address,
the IP address of BGP Next hop, Tunnel Identifier in PMSI, be the same
IP address?

Brgds,

Yang Huang