Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:24:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP based Multi-homing in Virtual Private LAN Service
        Authors         : Bhupesh Kothari
                          Kireeti Kompella
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Florin Balus
                          James Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-07-26

Abstract:
   Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) is a Layer 2 Virtual Private
   Network (VPN) that gives its customers the appearance that their
   sites are connected via a Local Area Network (LAN).  It is often
   required for the Service Provider (SP) to give the customer redundant
   connectivity to some sites, often called "multi-homing".  This memo
   shows how BGP-based multi-homing can be offered in the context of LDP
   and BGP VPLS solutions.  This document updates RFC 4761 by defining
   new flags in the Control Flags field of the Layer2 Info Extended
   Community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/