Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 09:55:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Operational Aspects of Proxy-ARP/ND in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Greg Hankins
                          Thomas King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-08.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   The EVPN MAC/IP Advertisement route can optionally carry IPv4 and
   IPv6 addresses associated with a MAC address. Remote PEs can use this
   information to reply locally (act as proxy) to IPv4 ARP requests and
   IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation messages (or 'unicast-forward' them to the
   owner of the MAC) and reduce/suppress the flooding produced by the
   Address Resolution procedure. This EVPN capability is extremely
   useful in Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) and Data Centers (DCs) with
   large broadcast domains, where the amount of ARP/ND flooded traffic
   causes issues on routers and CEs. This document describes how the
   EVPN Proxy-ARP/ND function may be implemented to help IXPs and other
   operators deal with the issues derived from Address Resolution in
   large broadcast domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/