Subject: [bess] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 19:28:55 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Melinda Shore for the SECDIR review.

Section 4.  Since Section 2.2 described a process where the “EVPN PE MUST learn
the MAC address of locally attached CE MEPs by snooping on CFM frames ...”, is
there is reason not to add the DoS caution from [RFC4762] of “Some means to
limit the number of MAC addresses ... that a PE can learn SHOULD be
implemented.”

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 18:11:18 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:28 PM Roman Danyliw via Datatracker
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> ..

I believe that sentence should be "EVPN PE MUST, by default, learn the
MAC address of locally attached CE MEPs by ..."

I don't see any problem with adding "Some means to limit the number of
MAC addresses that a PE will learn SHOULD be implemented."

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]