Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-mh-split-horizon-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 01:15:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EVPN Multi-Homing Extensions for Split Horizon Filtering
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Wen Lin
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-mh-split-horizon-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-04-12

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) is commonly used along with
   Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) tunnels.  The EVPN multi-homing
   procedures may be different depending on the NVO tunnel type used in
   the EVPN Broadcast Domain.  In particular, there are two multi-homing
   Split Horizon procedures to avoid looped frames on the multi-homed
   CE: ESI Label based and Local Bias.  ESI Label based Split Horizon is
   used for MPLSoX tunnels, E.g., MPLSoUDP, whereas Local Bias is used
   for others, E.g., VXLAN tunnels.  The current specifications do not
   allow the operator to decide which Split Horizon procedure to use for
   tunnel encapsulations that could support both.  Examples of tunnels
   that may support both procedures are MPLSoGRE, MPLSoUDP, GENEVE or
   SRv6.  This document extends the EVPN Multi-Homing procedures so that
   an operator can decide the Split Horizon procedure for a given NVO
   tunnel depending on their own requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-mh-split-horizon/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-mh-split-horizon-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-mh-split-horizon-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-mh-split-horizon-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/