Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 22:27:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Weighted Multi-Path Procedures for EVPN All-Active Multi-Homing
        Authors         : Neeraj Malhotra
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Jorge Rabadan
                          John Drake
                          Avinash Lingala
                          Samir Thoria
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-05-05

Abstract:
   In an EVPN-IRB based network overlay, EVPN all-active multi-homing
   enables multi-homing for a CE device connected to two or more PEs via
   a LAG, such that bridged and routed traffic from remote PEs can be
   equally load balanced (ECMPed) across the multi-homing PEs.  This
   document defines extensions to EVPN procedures to optimally handle
   unequal access bandwidth distribution across a set of multi-homing
   PEs in order to:

   o  provide greater flexibility, with respect to adding or removing
      individual PE-CE links within the access LAG.

   o  handle PE-CE LAG member link failures that can result in unequal
      PE-CE access bandwidth across a set of multi-homing PEs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/