Subject: [bess] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:07:16 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am changing my previous DISCUSS to a No Objection; I was planning on Abstain,
but after yet more thought I think No Objection is the best position.

Background:
When thinking about this document I still feel disquiet (actually
"heebie-jeebies" is probably a better description!), but it's not actually
**this** document which is causing me concern, it is rather RFC8402 (and the
fact that this facilitates /propagates its use).  I still feel like stamping my
feet and throwing all of my toys out the cot, but my grump cannot realistically
be pointed at this draft.

I'd also like to recognize that Adrian Farrel did a great job on talking me
down from my ledge. I was filled with righteous indignation, and his helpful
and friendly tone helped me understand and process my thoughts; this directly
led to my willingness to change. Thank you everyone.