Subject: [bess] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 00:11:26 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the nice work on that shepherd writeup.

Why is the SHOULD in Section 8 only a SHOULD?  Why might I legitimately not do what it says?

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 10:26:14 +0100

Thanks Murray,

> COMMENT:
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>

I need to think about this a bit. My first reaction is that it shouldn't even use 2119 language in that sentence. Probably "can be protected against".

Cheers,
Adrian