Subject: [bess] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:05:17 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

** Section 12.  Recommend being clearer on the purpose of the long list of
SecCon references (and few typos)

OLD
TThis document does not add any new security considirattions, Same
   security considerations as [RFC7432], [RFC2236], [RFC3376],
   [RFC2710], [RFC3810], [RFC6513], [RFC6514] are applicable.

NEW (feel free to polish)
This document describes a means to efficiently operate IGMP and MLD on a subnet
constructed across multiple PODs or DCs via an EVPN solution.  The security
considerations for the operation of the underlying EVPN and BGP substrate are
described in [RFC7432], and specific multicast considerations are outlined in
[RFC6513] and [RFC6514].  The EVPN and associated IGMP proxy provides a single
broadcast domain so the same security considerations of IGMPv2 [RFC2246],
IGMPv3 [RFC3376], MLD [RFC2710], or MLDv2 [RFC3810] apply.

** Editorial
-- Section 9.4.  Typo. s/associated associated/associated/

-- Section 11.  Typo. s/implemention/implementation/

---

From: "Mankamana Mishra (mankamis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 17:47:59 +0000

Thanks for comment. I have modified your recommendation for next revision.

Mankamana

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 1:05 PM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: (with COMMENT)
Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: No Objection

OLD

** Editorial