Subject: [bess] Murray Kucherawy's Discuss on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 07:23:07 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The IANA Considerations section needs some work:

(0) I suggest making each of the actions you want to take (there are four) into
their own subsections of this section.

(1) "EVPN Extended Community sub-types registry" should be "EVPN Extended
Community Sub-Types sub-registry of the BGP Extended Communities registry",
which makes it easier to find.

(2) "Multicast Flags Extended Community" appears to be a new registry you're
creating in the final action here.  BCP 26, for a First Come First Served
registry, advises that a change controller column be included.  Are you
intentionally omitting this here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My review is not yet complete, but I was pointed to this document's IANA
Considerations section from another document about which I had related
questions.  I'll update this once my full review is done.

---

From: "Mankamana Mishra (mankamis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 18:34:29 +0000

Hi Murry,
Thanks for comment. Please find inline comment / questions.

Mankamana

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:23 AM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Murray Kucherawy's Discuss on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)
Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-13: Discuss

This is not clear, are we expecting to have
section 13.1 Multicast Flags Extended Community
0x09    Multicast Flags Extended Community   [this document]
Section 13.2 EVI-RT Type 0
0x0A    EVI-RT Type 0                        [this document]
Section 13.3 EVI-RT Type 1
0x0B    EVI-RT Type 1                        [this document]
Section 13.4 EVI-RT Type 2
0x0C    EVI-RT Type 2                        [this document]
Please advice.

Done

you expect one more column and what details to be added ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------