Subject: [bess] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:32:16 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Derek Atkins for the SECDIR review.

** Section 10.   The following sentence doesn’t parse for me.  Can the guidance
on avoiding loops and the AR-REPLICATOR please be clarified.

   An implementation following the procedures in this document should
   not create BM loops, since the AR-REPLICATOR will always forward the
   BM traffic using the correct tunnel IP Destination Address that
   indicates the remote nodes how to forward the traffic.

** Section 10.  Editorial?

OLD
The forwarding of
   Broadcast and Multicast (BM) traffic is modified though, and BM
   traffic from …

NEW
The forwarding of Broadcast and Multicast (BM) traffic is modified; and BM
traffic from ...

** Section 10.  Typo. s/existance/existence/

** Editorial.  Multiple places.  Typo likely to rendering. s/section Section
X.X/Section X.X/