Subject: [bess] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 04:08:27 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 10. , paragraph 3, nit:
-    traffic from the AR-LEAF nodes will be attracted by the existance of
-                                                                 ^
+    traffic from the AR-LEAF nodes will be attracted by the existence of
+                                                                 ^

Section 4. , paragraph 16, nit:
> as the AR-IP and SHOULD be different than the IR-IP for a given PE/NVE. o Tu
>                                      ^^^^
Did you mean "different from"? "Different than" is often considered colloquial
style.

Section 5.2. , paragraph 6, nit:
> REPLICATORS do, as described in section Section 5.1. 5.3. RNVE procedures RN
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Possible typo: you repeated a word.

Section 5.2. , paragraph 13, nit:
> ow the procedures described in section Section 5.1, except for the following
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Possible typo: you repeated a word.

Section 5.2. , paragraph 15, nit:
> rt route-target as described in section Section 4. o The AR-REPLICATOR will b
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Possible typo: you repeated a word.

Section 6.1. , paragraph 4, nit:
> ist of AR-REPLICATORs, the node reverts back to non-selective mode and flood
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Consider using "reverts".

Section 6.1. , paragraph 12, nit:
>  that the Selective AR-LEAF waits for a AR-LEAF-join-wait-timer (in seconds,
>                                       ^
Use "an" instead of "a" if the following word starts with a vowel sound, e.g.
"an article", "an hour".

Section 6.2. , paragraph 16, nit:
> R-REPLICATOR nodes are attached to the the same Ethernet Segment in the BD.
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Two determiners in a row. Choose either "the" or "the".

Document references draft-ietf-bess-evpn-bum-procedure-updates-10, but -11 is
the latest available revision.