Subject: [bess] RFC 9135 on Integrated Routing and Bridging in Ethernet VPN (EVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 13:28:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9135

        Title:      Integrated Routing and Bridging in 
                    Ethernet VPN (EVPN) 
        Author:     A. Sajassi,
                    S. Salam,
                    S. Thoria,
                    J. Drake,
                    J. Rabadan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9135

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9135

Ethernet VPN (EVPN) provides an extensible and flexible multihoming
VPN solution over an MPLS/IP network for intra-subnet connectivity
among Tenant Systems and end devices that can be physical or virtual.
However, there are scenarios for which there is a need for a dynamic
and efficient inter-subnet connectivity among these Tenant Systems
and end devices while maintaining the multihoming capabilities of
EVPN.  This document describes an Integrated Routing and Bridging
(IRB) solution based on EVPN to address such requirements.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC