Subject: [bess] RFC 9161 on Operational Aspects of Proxy ARP/ND in Ethernet Virtual Private Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:36:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9161

        Title:      Operational Aspects of Proxy ARP/ND 
                    in Ethernet Virtual Private Networks 
        Author:     J. Rabadan, Ed.,
                    S. Sathappan,
                    K. Nagaraj,
                    G. Hankins,
                    T. King
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates:    RFC 7432

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9161

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9161

This document describes the Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN)
Proxy ARP/ND function augmented by the capability of the ARP/ND
Extended Community. From that perspective, this document updates the
EVPN specification to provide more comprehensive documentation of the
operation of the Proxy ARP/ND function. The EVPN Proxy ARP/ND
function and the ARP/ND Extended Community help operators of Internet
Exchange Points, Data Centers, and other networks deal with IPv4 and
IPv6 address resolution issues associated with large Broadcast
Domains by reducing and even suppressing the flooding produced by
address resolution in the EVPN network.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC