Subject: [bfcpbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:09:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis  Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Revision of the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) for use over an unreliable transport
	Author(s)       : Tom Kristensen
                          Charles Eckel
                          Alfred E. Heggestad
                          Geir A. Sandbakken
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-02-17

   This draft describes how to extend the Binary Floor Control Protocol
   (BFCP) for use over an unreliable transport.  It details the
   differences from the BFCP protocol definition document and the
   Session Description Protocol (SDP) format specified for BFCP streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-01.txt

---

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:14:51 +0100

>     Session Description Protocol (SDP) format specified for BFCP streams.
<URL: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis >

The changes are described in Appendix A
<URL: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-01#appendix-A.1 >

A.1.  draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-00 to -01

    1.  Mandated using version 2 (Ver field == 2) for BFCP over UDP, with
        the extensions described in this draft.  For BFCP over TCP, the
        version is still 1.

    2.  Added text regarding fragmentation handling: A new 'F' flag and
        Fragment Offset field in Section 4.2.  Added fragmentation
        handling mechanism in Section 4.9.3.1.

    3.  Resolve an inconsistency between Section 4.10 and Section 5.3, by
        introducing the setup attribute for DTLS.

    4.  Moved some authors to the new Section 8 Contributing Authors.

    5.  A dash of editorial polish.

Please, review and post any feedback or comments to the BFCPbis mailing 
list.

-- Tom