Subject: [bfcpbis] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> (The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:42:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Binary Floor Control Protocol
Bis  WG (bfcpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)'
  <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
   shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
   Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
   conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
   and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.

   This document specifies the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP).
   BFCP is used between floor participants and floor control servers,
   and between floor chairs (i.e., moderators) and floor control
   servers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4582.  Changes from RFC 4582 are
   summarized in Section 16.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.