Subject: [bgmp] RE: a problem about bgmp

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:50:14 -0800

It's used to tell the other end that you have him as the parent
in the multicast tree.  This is used to distinguish between the
case where the other end has joined to a source through you, 
but you'd send him the data even without it since he's the next 
hop towards the root domain.  The other end uses this to know 
whether to ONLY forward it along the (S,G) branch (if PR is off),
or also forward it up towards the root domain (if PR is on).

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: 263 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 8:39 PM
To: Dave Thaler; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: a problem about bgmp

Dear sir,
 
    Would you please explain the fuction of PR-bit 
(poison-reversed)in "draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt" more 
clearly to me?
 
Thank you in advance.
 
minqiang Tan
[email-masked]