Subject: [bgmp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:32:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Border Gateway Multicast Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Border Gateway Multicast Protocol (BGMP): Protocol 
                          Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Thaler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 03-Jul-02
	
This document describes BGMP, a protocol for inter-domain multicast
routing.  BGMP builds shared trees for active multicast groups, and
optionally allows receiver domains to build source-specific, inter-
domain, distribution branches where needed.  BGMP natively supports
'source-specific multicast' (SSM).  To also support 'any-source
multicast' (ASM), BGMP requires that each multicast group be associated
with a single root (in BGMP it is referred to as the root domain).  It
requires that different ranges of the class D space are associated
(e.g., with Unicast-Prefix-Based Multicast addressing) with different
domains.  Each of these domains then becomes the root of the shared
domain-trees for all groups in its range.  Multicast participants will
generally receive better multicast service if the session initiator's
address allocator selects addresses from its own domain's part of the
space, thereby causing the root domain to be local to at least one of
the session participants.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:59:18 -0700

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt

Dave,

Isn't this version suppose to be 03, because there was already
version 02 that had expired May 2001?
You can get a copy of the expired 02 from
http://netweb.usc.edu/bgmp/draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-02.txt

Pavlin

_______________________________________________
bgmp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/bgmp