Subject: [bgmp] A note in draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-05.txt

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:21:59 -0700

Dave (and everybody else who may have info on the subject),

I was looking into the difference between version 04 and 05 of
the BGMP I-D, and the difference is the following note (right after
the abstract) that has been added to version 05:

NOTE:
  This specification is published for the general information of the
  Internet technical community and as an archival record of the work
  done.  The operational community generally agrees that this protocol
  is not deployable in its current form; it is being published in the
  hopes that it may provide a useful starting point for future work.

I'd like to know what are the deployment issues in BGMP the
operational community has pointed out (e.g., is there a published
document that describes the issues), and when/where this agreement
has been reached.

Thanks,
Pavlin
_______________________________________________
bgmp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/bgmp

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:57:19 -0700

Pavlin,

  Thanks for pointing that out.  I guess the comment addition was
out of phase with the state of the document -- the G-RIB was the
real problem that nobody liked as far as I can remember.  You're
right that there's no writeup of what's wrong; I don't think anyone
who pointed out problems has revisited the architecture since the
removal of the G-RIB.

  Bill