Subject: [Bier] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on charter-ietf-bier-00-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 13:56:55 -0800

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-bier-00-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-bier/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I share Pete's thoughts about using a wiki for at least some of the
non-protocol work in this charter, with the additional thought that I'd
hope some of that work starts way earlier than "after we have deployment
experience", which makes perfect sense if you're publishing RFCs but
seems to get in the way of starting wiki entries unnecessarily. 

But as we seem to to repeat consistently when the IESG has these
conversations, there are all kinds of reasons (ranging from good reasons
to bad reasons) to publish non-protocol work as RFCs, and the ADs need to
do what makes sense for the community they're serving ... just make good
choices :-)