Subject: [Bier] Request For Comments on BIER IPv6 work and documents -- RE: Questions regarding <draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-03>

From: Xiejingrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:29:18 +0000

Dear BIER WG:

I would prefer very much the comments on the maillist about BIER IPv6.
I think it is the way we improve and progress documents, and improve the work of BIER WG.

There have been quite a number of BIERv6 drafts, and the WG had make it clear to work on "BIER natively in IPv6" in charter.

Also there have been a work achievement of BIERv6-requirements WG document since ietf104.

Also from this thread before, and from the recent BIER sessions, BIER'es have shown enthusiasm on BIER IPv6:
a) ipv6 tunnel between non-adjacent BFRs
b) situations even between adjacent BFRs.

Also as the stated by Toerless in inetf104: We need to wait for the result in SRv6 arch and encap work as they consider 8200 requirements during review. It applicable to hear as well.
I think it is more clear now, since the SRv6 SRH had LC, the SRv6 Network Programming had adopted, the SRv6-via-ISIS had adopted, and many SRv6 deployments or implementations or ongoing implementations.

Request the WG to initiate the discussions/questions/comparisons on the following BIERv6 documents:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-bier-ipv6-encapsulation/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-bier-ipv6-isis-extension/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-bier-ipv6-mvpn/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-bier-ipv6-inter-domain/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-bier-bierin6/

I guess you have many comments/suggestions/questions/comparisons. Do you ?  There had been 2* 40 minutes talk at Bankok and Prague BIER sessions!

Appreciate very much for your comments/suggestions/questions/comparisons!
Appreciate very much for the guidance from Chairs and the AD!

Thanks,
Jingrong

---

From: Xiejingrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 22:44:52 +0000

Repost.

________________________________
From: BIER [[email-masked]] on behalf of Xiejingrong [[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 19:29
To: BIER WG; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang; [email-masked]
Subject: [Bier] Request For Comments on BIER IPv6 work and documents -- RE: Questions regarding <draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-03>

Dear BIER WG:

Thanks,
Jingrong