Subject: [Bier] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:14:01 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-te-arch/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your work on this document.

Discuss cleared based on Alvaro's clarification - I was misdirected by the
boilerplate of the documents having the wrong status on both tools and
datatracker, but the status is right on the RFC editor website and in the
datatracker metadata.

I've moved the question regarding whether RFC 8296 should be a normative
reference to a non-blocking comment.

I'm not an expert on the BIER technology, and I didn't have the time to
properly read the core references before reviewing this document.  However, I
didn't spot any obvious issues on the text, beyond the question on the document
status.  But I also appreciated the detailed section on the operational
considerations related to managing the bit position assignments, which I
interpret not as a strict requirement of this specification, but likely to be
very helpful to controller implementations and operators.

Regards,
Rob