Subject: [BLISS] SIP Interworking (Network -PBXs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:17:28 +1200

Hi all;

One of the things I'm trying to determine is what the SIP recommendation 
says about the use of the calling number/identity information for SIP 
trunking from PBXs to telco VoIP network.   The telco network often uses 
calling party identity for a whole host of functions (billing, public 
safety, lawful intercept, number portability, QoS monitoring, etc).

I have noticed that some PBXs retain the original calling number when a 
PBX extension diverts a voice call out over the SIP trunk.  This original 
calling number is the calling number of the party who made the call to the 
PBX extension in the first place (assuming simple diversion case). 
Therefore this calling number can be anything from anywhere. 

Do the recommendation for BLISS cover this topic.  I want to find out what 
the SIP recommendations say about PBXs populating the calling number 
information.  Does it prescribe that in this diverting scenario that they 
should use the PBX extension information when sending the call out to the 
public network ?

regards
d

David Forster
Alcatel-Lucent
Network Solutions Manager, Trinity Programme
Lvl 5, NEC House
40 Taranaki St, Wellington , 6001
PO Box 2810, Wellington
New Zealand
Email:  [email-masked]
Phone: (64)    4    803-7341
Mob:    (64)  27    270-8343
Fax:      (64)    4    803-7002
Web:     http://www.alcatel-lucent.co.nz

This email may contain privileged/confidential information. You may not copy or disclose this email to anyone without the written permission of the sender.  If you have received this email in error please kindly delete this message and notify the sender.  Opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and not necessarily the opinions of the employer. 

This email and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses.  No liability will be accepted by the employer for loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) as a result of email transmission.

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:18:51 -0400

You might want to start here.

http://www.sipforum.org/sipconnect

NO BLISS is not dealing with that issue directly.

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [BLISS] SIP Interworking (Network -PBXs)

Hi all; 

I have noticed that some PBXs retain the original calling number when a PBX
extension diverts a voice call out over the SIP trunk.  This original
calling number is the calling number of the party who made the call to the
PBX extension in the first place (assuming simple diversion case).
Therefore this calling number can be anything from anywhere.   

regards 
d 

David Forster
Alcatel-Lucent

This email may contain privileged/confidential information. You may not copy
or disclose this email to anyone without the written permission of the
sender. If you have received this email in error please kindly delete this
message and notify the sender. Opinions expressed in this email are those of
the sender and not necessarily the opinions of the employer. 

This email and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses. No
liability will be accepted by the employer for loss or damage (whether
caused by negligence or not) as a result of email transmission.