Subject: [BLISS] Shared Appearances Open Issue: Calls without Appearance Numbers

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:15:01 -0600

The document currently includes a mechanism where a UA can request a 
dialog not be assigned an appearance number.  The use case for this is 
with consultation hold.

We have come up with an alternative mechanism for this where a 
consultation call would be considered "logically" joined to another 
appearance.  Since these dialogs might not be mixed, they will need to 
be marked exclusive to prevent join/take operations.

The plan is to remove the mechanism for requesting a dialog not be 
assigned an appearance number and instead describe the logically joined 
approach.

Thanks,
Alan

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:22:42 -0500 (EST)

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>

   appearance.

Does that place any restrictions on the state of the "another
appearance"?  Presumably not, or the mechanism could not be used in
all cases.  But if there is no such restriction on the another
appearance, perhaps we should devise a fixed, dummy appearance
number/name to use in this construction.

Dale