Subject: [BLISS] Shared Appearances Open Issue: Forking with Multiple Answers

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:17:07 -0600

This open issue occurs when an INVITE sent to the AOR is forked by the 
proxy and multiple UAs in the group answer (send 200 OKs).  At this 
point, there are multiple distinct (not necessarily mixed) dialogs 
associated with the same appearance number, which breaks a key 
requirement of this feature.

In normal cases, this is just a transient condition, where the caller 
will send BYEs to all but one of the answering UAs.  At this point, we 
are back to a one-to-one relationship between distinct dialogs and 
appearance numbers.

However, if the caller does not do this and keeps multiple, independent 
dialogs ongoing, this is a problem.  Few UAs do this, although some do, 
so we need to have a solution for this.

A proposed solution is for the Appearance Agent to mark these dialogs as 
"logically" joined (the UAs can not do this since they may not know 
another 200 OK was sent).   To make sure that join/take do not produce 
unpredictable results, both dialogs could be marked exclusive which 
would prevent join/take operations.

Feedback on this would be very useful.

Thanks,
Alan

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss