Subject: [BLISS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 18:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of Record (AOR)
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-01.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2008-11-02

This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
(BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as Shared Appearances (SA) of an
Address of Record (AOR) since SIP does not have the concept of lines.
This feature is commonly offered in IP Centrex services and IP-PBX
offerings and is likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones and
SIP feature servers used in a business environment.  This document
lists requirements and compares implementation options for this
feature.  Extensions to the SIP dialog event package are proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:22:28 -0600

We have updated the draft.  There are major additions to the normative 
behavior, and all the call flows have been reworked with message details.

The document now has a fairly complete picture of the mechanism so I'd 
encourage everyone to read it and comment on it.  Otherwise, we just 
need to close a few open issues and we are close to completion.

As always, comments most welcome.  And, again, thanks to everyone on the 
design team for their input and ideas.

Thanks,
Alan

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>