Subject: [BLISS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of Record (AOR)
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-02.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
(BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as shared appearances of an Address
of Record (AOR) since SIP does not have the concept of lines.  This
feature is commonly offered in IP Centrex services and IP-PBX
offerings and is likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones and
SIP feature servers used in a business environment.  This document
lists requirements and compares implementation options for this
feature.  Extensions to the SIP dialog event package are proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:34:10 -0500

All,

Some of the major changes to this version of the document include:

- Publish only on appearance selection or seizure/call join or 
bridge/call take or pickup
- Allow Appearance Agent to subscribe to dialog events if it is not a 
call stateful proxy or B2BUA(shown in Section 10.13)
- Publications to the shared appearances AOR
- Major rewrite of call flows

As always, comments most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLISS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss
>

---

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:20:26 -0700

Minor comment:

In Annex A, there is an example using Alert-Info with a file://ring.pcm.

I don't think this makes much sense. You can't really know the file
structure of the remote endpoint.

Rather, the example should show an http://biloxi.com/ring.pc type address.

In reality, I'd say that some URN would make more sense (as per
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-alexeitsev-bliss-alert-info-urns-01 for
example).

>> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-02.tx>>
t

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:21:03 -0500

Francois,

I agree completely.  I meant to include a reference to the Alert-Info 
URN draft but forgot.

If we need this Alert-Info functionality, we need the URN functionality 
in draft-alexeitsev-bliss-alert-info-urns.

Thanks,
Alan