Subject: [bmwg] 2nd Tentataive Agenda for the BMWG at the 56th IETF.

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:46:50 -0500

Benchmarking Methodology WG (bmwg)

MONDAY, March 17, 2003, 1530-1730
=======================================

CHAIRS: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
         Al Morton <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. [Tentative] Discussion on OSPF Convergence Benchmarking WG Last
    Call comments. Last call is over, but consensus on
    outstanding issues isn't clear.  Identification of outstanding
    issues.  (R. White et al.)

    BMWG mail archive:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/bmwg/current/

2. [Tentative] "Considerations in Benchmarking Routing Protocol
    Network Convergence." Is the BMWG the right home for this I-D?
    (R. White)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt

3. IPsec Device Benchmarking Terminology I-D. Introduction and
    current issues. (M. Bustos)
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-00.txt

4. Benchmarking Network-layer Traffic Control Mechanisms
    Attempt.  Communicate latest changes & test progress of
    current WG Last Call. (J. Perser et al.)

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-05.txt

5. Terminology for Benchmark Core Router Software Accelerated
    Life Testing.  Version 00 of this draft seemed to present
    more functional testing than benchmarks - I-D fit to BMWG was
    questioned.  This draft presumes better WG fit; did the principals
    succeed? (S. Poretsky).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-routersalt-term-01.txt

6. IGP Data plane convergence benchmark I-Ds. Regarding "convergence"
    benchmarking, the WG had restricted scoping of initial
    convergence benchmarks to the control plane.  However, I-Ds below
    were offered as a replacement to the OSPF convergence I-Ds. Should
    they replace the OSPF convergence IDs?  If not, is it time for
    the BMWG to consider explicit data plane convergence?  If yes,
    what is the IGP drafts' relationship to the OSPF convergence
    I-Ds? Replacement on companion? (K. Dubray)

    See BMWG mail archive of OSPF convergence benchmark I-Ds'
    Last Call.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-igp-convergence-term-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-igp-convergence-meth-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-igp-convergence-app-00.txt 

Please help contribute to a successful meeting by reading the above
I-D(s) and references before the meeting.

To offer comments on BMWG work in progress or the agenda itself,
please send email to:

           [email-masked]

Alternatively, to offer potential agenda items, please email:

           [email-masked] and [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg