Subject: [bmwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-11.txt

From: "Hickman, Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:38:20 -0800

A comment regarding the reporting in sections 5.1 and 5.2(Latency and
Min/Max Latency) has been raised and I would like input from the BMWG. The
comment/suggestion was to specify that the latency be reported in units of
"seconds". Currently, the draft specifies that the unit of measurement MUST
be included, but does not specify that unit be in seconds.

I have copied the reporting format section for the latency tests for
convenience. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

     Reporting Format: 
      
     The following configuration parameters MUST be reflected in the 
     results specific to this methodology: 
      
          o Frame size(s)  
          o Number of tested egress interfaces on the DUT/SUT  
          o Test duration  
          o IGMP version 
          o Offered load 
          o Total number of multicast groups 
      
     The following results MUST be reflected in the results specific to 
     this methodology: 
      
          o The time units of the presented latency MUST be uniform and 
            with sufficient precision for the medium or media being 
            tested. 
          o Specifically, when reporting the results of a valid test 
            trial, the set of all latencies related to the tested 
            ingress and each tested egress DUT/SUT interface of MUST be 
            presented. 
      
     The latency results for each test SHOULD be reported in the form of 
     a table, with a row for each of the tested frame sizes per the 
     recommended frame sizes in section 3.1.3, and SHOULD preserve the 
     relationship of latency to ingress/egress interface(s) to assist in 
     trending across multiple trials. 

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg