Subject: [bmwg] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-09

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:36:06 -0500

BMWG:

A WG Last Call period for the Internet-Draft on

"Terminology for Benchmarking Network-layer Traffic Control Mechanisms"

<draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-08.txt>

will be open from 25 March 2004 through 31 March 2004.

A WG Last Call was issued on version 08 of this draft,
ending on Nov 7.  Version 09 addresses comments from
the previous Last Call and the ensuing discussion.

Please weigh-in on whether or not you feel that this Internet-Draft
should be given to the Area Directors for consideration in
progressing the Draft to an Informational RFC.  Send your comments
to this list or [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-09.txt

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: Tony DeLaRosa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:04:09 -0800

I don't believe the terminalogy draft is ready to be given to the Area
Directors at this time.  There are two major reasons why I object to this
submission.  First, I am opposed to the using the term channel capacity.  It
is vague and confusing.  Case in point: I recently started working with
Scott on the methodology document and I read a version of methdology
document where MLFR (Maximum LossLess Forwarding Rate) replaced channel
capacity.  Although I had not looked at the terminology document for a
while, I instinctly knew what MLFR meant and how it should be applied.
There was one section in document where channel capacity was still used and
I found myself going back to the terminology document to review it again.  I
firmly believe this needs to be change.  Second, the methodology document is
revealing terms that may need to be defined and others that may be deleted
since it may not be directly applicable to the methodology.  Consequently, I
propose holding off submission until the first draft of the metholodgy
document is submitted.  It will give us an opportunity to validate which
terms to include.

Tony De La Rosa 
Product Line Director / Senior Technologist
IXIA
26601 W. Agoura Rd 
Calabasas, CA  91302 
(818) 444-2337

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Al
Morton
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 7:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kevin Dubray
Subject: [bmwg] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-09

BMWG:

Please weigh-in on whether or not you feel that this Internet-Draft should
be given to the Area Directors for consideration in progressing the Draft to
an Informational RFC.  Send your comments to this list or [email-masked].