Subject: [bmwg] RFC 4098 on Terminology for Benchmarking BGP Device Convergence in the Control Plane

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:49:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4098

        Title:      Terminology for Benchmarking BGP Device
                    Convergence in the Control Plane
        Author(s):  H. Berkowitz, E. Davies, Ed., S. Hares,
                    P. Krishnaswamy, M. Lepp
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 66845
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-conterm-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4098.txt

This document establishes terminology to standardize the
description of benchmarking methodology for measuring eBGP convergence
in the control plane of a single BGP device.  Future documents will
address iBGP convergence, the initiation of forwarding based on
converged control plane information and multiple interacting BGP
devices.  This terminology is applicable to both IPv4 and IPv6.
Illustrative examples of each version are included where relevant.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg