Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:00:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Networking Devices
	Author(s)       : C. Davids, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-03.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document provides a terminology for benchmarking SIP performance
in networking devices.  Terms are included for test components, test
setup parameters, and performance benchmark metrics for black-box
benchmarking of SIP networking devices.  The performance benchmark
metrics are obtained for the SIP control plane and media plane.  The
terms are intended for use in a companion methodology document for
complete performance characterization of a device in a variety of
conditions making it possible to compare performance of different
devices.  It is critical to provide test setup parameters and a
methodology document for SIP performance benchmarking because SIP
allows a wide range of configuration and operational conditions that
can influence performance benchmark measurements.  It is necessary to
have terminology and methodology standards to ensure that reported
benchmarks have consistent definition and were obtained following the
same procedures.  Benchmarks can be applied to compare performance of
a variety of SIP networking devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.