Subject: [bmwg] RFC 6414 on Benchmarking Terminology for Protection Performance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:03:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6414

        Title:      Benchmarking Terminology for Protection Performance 
        Author:     S. Poretsky, R. Papneja,
                    J. Karthik, S. Vapiwala
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 55563
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6414.txt

This document provides common terminology and metrics for benchmarking
the performance of sub-IP layer protection mechanisms.  The performance
benchmarks are measured at the IP layer; protection may be
provided at the sub-IP layer.  The benchmarks and terminology can be
applied in methodology documents for different sub-IP layer protection
mechanisms such as Automatic Protection Switching (APS), Virtual Router
Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), Stateful High Availability (HA), and
Multiprotocol Label Switching Fast Reroute (MPLS-FRR).  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC