Subject: [bmwg] BMWG Status

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:43:50 -0500

BMWG,

This is a belated new year status message, as we see the calendar
says

February (or your local-language equivalent) already!

First, I'm sure we all welcome Benoit Claise as incoming Area

Director. Benoit's background in performance and measurement

will certainly match well with our charter, so we can expect

his comments will continue Ron's and Dan's combined track record of

timely and relevant advice.

As we closed the book on 2011, two Working Group Last Calls ended

successfully:

draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-07

draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-09

I've moved these drafts to "Publication Requested" state,

and editors should expect to do some clean-up following

Ron's AD-level review, at least.

We also agreed at our IETF-82 session to begin a WGLC on

draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-01

I've received yet another off-list comment that this memo's

statement continues to be relevant and needed, so the WGLC

will begin ASAP.

I've heard that many of our other active drafts are being

updated right now, so we should all plan to review new

drafts before too long.

So far, only

draft-ietf-bmwg-imix-genome-01

has been updated (Thanks to Ilya Varlashkin for comments).

Beyond reviewing drafts as we always do, the following item

was identified for action in our IETF-82 minutes:

"Obtain Operator feedback on methods and metrics in BGP
drafts"

I'd like to know if any progress was made on this.

Also, if anyone plans to attend one of the operator conferences

before we meet in Paris, and would be willing to solicit some

first-hand feedback on our on-going work, let us know!

regards,

Al

bmwg chair