Subject: [bmwg] Meeting Prep and Draft Agenda

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:47:37 -0400

BMWG,

There are a changes to our meeting preparation this time:

- meeting time is earned in a sense, by e-mail discussion

We have discussed many of our existing drafts, either on bmwg-list
or other IETF list (like the IESG-list), and those that
are eligible are on the draft agenda.

- meeting time is shorter than usual

When there was some difficulty scheduling our session to avoid
conflicts, I offered to reduce our time request to one hour.
We haven't used the full two hour slot at the last two IETFs
(for various reasons, such as last-minute presenter unavailability),
so let's help our ADs at IETF-84.

I also have no information on proposed work at this time,
but it's possible I overlooked something in the flood of
drafts over the last 2 weeks.  Let us all know on-list if I
omitted something.

- the meeting materials page is not yet available

I can submit, but you can't see it, so I've appended the draft
agenda below. Comments are welcome.

Note that remote access will be according to:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/remote-participation.html

regards,
Al
bmwg chair

=========================================================

Benchmarking Methodology WG (BMWG)
Thursday August 2, 2012
1730-1830  Afternoon Session III
Regency A       	OPS 	bmwg

Remote Participation:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/remote-participation.html

0. Agenda Bashing

1. WG Status and Milestones

Published (?):
IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking Methodology

Drafts not presented at this meeting:

1B. IETF Last Call comments on: <draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-09.txt>
     from Joel M. Halpern and Gregory Mirsky
Status?  Waiting for AD go-ahead...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2. SIP performance benchmarking terms and methods
    Presenter: Vijay Gurbani
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-04
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-04
WGLC comments, including Expert review. Revised drafts needed.

3. Benchmarking Methodology for Content-Aware Network Devices
    Presenter: Mike Hamilton
There are some updates in the draft in response to ???
Some comments were not yet addressed in the previous version due to
time constraints.

4. IMIX Genome
    Presenter: Al
    Comments on methods to determine the mix (Aamer) were addressed

5. RFC 2544 Applicability Statement:
    Presenter: Al
    IETF Last Call Comments, and discussion for resolution (if not 
yet achieved)

6. Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology status
    Presenter:
draft-papneja-bgp-basic-dp-convergence
draft-varlashkin-router-conv-bench
Status: Call for review and adoption...

7. Milestone Review

8. New Work Proposal Review/Matrix

LAST. AOB