Subject: [bmwg] Hackathon at IETF-97

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 11:19:29 -0400

BMWG,

If you have attended an IETF in the past 2 years,
you are probably aware of the Hackathon that takes
place on the Saturday and Sunday before IETF begins.
IETF-97 will hold a Hackathon in Seoul:
https://www.ietf.org/hackathon/97-hackathon.html
November 12 and 13.

We have several drafts and chartered items with a 
close connection to the OPNFV Open Source Community
projects:

CPREF:
	draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth 	-02 	
	draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term 	-02 	
VSPERF:
	draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net 	-04 			
	draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv 	-00 			

If there is interest among BMWG'ers to do some evaluation of,
and/or work on the tools that directly address to these drafts,
then I am willing to act as "Champion" and help to organize
our part of the Hackathon.  Simultaneously, I'm seeking 
potential participants in the related OPNFV projects.

Of course, it will help* if you are travelling to IETF in Seoul,
and can arrange your travel to attend these weekend sessions.

Let me know of your interest and ideas to hack,
Al

* usually physical attendance is a requirement, I'm not sure if 
we can work around that, but we can try if needed.