Subject: [bmwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-04.txt> (Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their Infrastructure) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 08:42:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their
   Infrastructure'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has traditionally conducted
   laboratory characterization of dedicated physical implementations of
   internetworking functions.  This memo investigates additional
   considerations when network functions are virtualized and performed
   in general purpose hardware.

   See the new version history section for updates.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.