Subject: [bmwg] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-nd-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 21:17:56 -0800

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-nd-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-nd/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 2

What does this mean in real life?

"Furthermore, Link A and Link B must be lossless."

* Section 2.1.2

The Router advertisements need to contain some values in the M and O
bits. I think the values for these bits need to be specified in this
section.

* Section 2.2.5

Why does the tester have counters for RS packets received and RA packets
sent? It is unclear why this would be useful as both should always be
zero.