Subject: Re: [bmwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-05 and meth-05

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 01:18:24 +0000

SDN Draft Authors,

Two main comments on the drafts:

a global substitution went wrong, unfortunately.
this fix is now needed:
1,$ s/trail/trial/g

Also, I suggest we add both the Max and Loss-free
benchmarks in the Matrix, as shown below:

   +------------+-------------------+---------------+-----------------+
   |            | 1. Maximum        |1. Control     |1. Network       |
   |            |    Asynchronous   |   Sessions    |   Topology      |
   |            |    Message Proces-|   Capacity    |   Change        |
   |            |    -sing Rate     |               |   Detection Time|
   |            |                   |2. Forwarding  |                 |
   |            | 2. Loss-Free      |   Table       |2. Exception     |
   |            |    Asynchronous   |   Capacity    |   Handling      |
   | Operational|    Message Proces-|               |                 |
   |            |    -sing Rate     |               |3. Denial of     |
   |            |                   |               |   Service       |
   |            | 3. Asynchronous   |               |   Handling      |
   |            |    Message Proces-|               |                 |
   |            |    -sing Time     |               |4. Network  Re-  |
   |            |                   |               |   Provisioning  |
   |            |                   |               |   Time          |
   |            |                   |               |                 |
   +------------+-------------------+---------------+-----------------+

thanks,
Al
(as a participant)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: bmwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of MORTON, ALFRED C
> (AL)
> Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 8:24 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [bmwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-05
> and meth-05
> 
> *** Security Advisory: This Message Originated Outside of AT&T ***.
> Reference http://cso.att.com/EmailSecurity/IDSP.html for more
> information.
> 
> BMWG:
> 
> A WG Last Call period for the Internet-Drafts on
> SDN Controller Benchmarking Terminology and Methodology:
> 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-
> 3A__tools.ietf.org_html_draft-2Dietf-2Dbmwg-2Dsdn-2Dcontroller-
> 2Dbenchmark-2Dterm-2D05&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=rAhve1ofbFA_ifWB9bit8_5Ey-
> BvOaIr4JX2tvoJg1I&s=p5tDLfmak4y0KxfGglafUEGG1D1PYFDwleC64EdIqMw&e=
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-
> 3A__tools.ietf.org_html_draft-2Dietf-2Dbmwg-2Dsdn-2Dcontroller-
> 2Dbenchmark-2Dmeth-2D05&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=rAhve1ofbFA_ifWB9bit8_5Ey-
> BvOaIr4JX2tvoJg1I&s=odEet_0T6RPlYvwYSv1iUgs98cWbKOEofDK8frnFnFY&e=
> 
> will be open from 23 October 2017 through 17 November 2017.
> 
> These drafts completed their first WGLC on 15 November 2016,
> with comments to address. Subsequent discussion at meetings
> yielded additional suggestions for improvement.
> 
> These drafts are continuing the BMWG Last Call Process. See
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mail-
> 2Darchive_web_bmwg_current_msg00846.html&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=rAhve1ofbFA_ifWB9bit8_5Ey-
> BvOaIr4JX2tvoJg1I&s=0TFJVh5URu0IAkflvQv01ZLVcVd3c8M7wppKkziWO9I&e=
> 
> Please read and express your opinion on whether or not these
> Internet-Drafts should be forwarded to the Area Directors for
> publication as Informational RFCs.  Send your comments
> to this list or to co-chair [email-masked]
> 
> for the co-chairs,
> Al
> 
> _______________________________________________
> bmwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-
> 3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_bmwg&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=rAhve1ofbFA_ifWB9bit8_5Ey-
> BvOaIr4JX2tvoJg1I&s=QnXscDzhiIWd7hzHSY7F0mXZ946N9qjdy5g98HHK0eg&e=

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 13:56:59 +0000

Hi Al,
Thank you for your comments. Revised drafts (draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-06 & draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-06) have been submitted addressing your comments.
Best Regards,
Bhuvan

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 06:49 AM, "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)"  wrote:
SDN Draft Authors,

thanks,
Al
(as a participant)

-----Original Message-----
From: bmwg [mailto:[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])] On Behalf Of MORTON, ALFRED C
(AL)
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 8:24 AM
To: [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
Subject: [bmwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-05
and meth-05

*** Security Advisory: This Message Originated Outside of AT&T ***.
Reference http://cso.att.com/EmailSecurity/IDSP.html (http://cso.att.com/EmailSecurity/IDSP.html) for more
information.

BMWG:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https)-
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https)-

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mail (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mail)-

Please read and express your opinion on whether or not these
Internet-Drafts should be forwarded to the Area Directors for
publication as Informational RFCs.  Send your comments
to this list or to co-chair [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])

for the co-chairs,
Al

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https)-
3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_bmwg&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-
o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=rAhve1ofbFA_ifWB9bit8_5Ey-
BvOaIr4JX2tvoJg1I&s=QnXscDzhiIWd7hzHSY7F0mXZ946N9qjdy5g98HHK0eg&e=

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg (https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg)

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be
contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message,
you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such
event,you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by
reply e-mail.
It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the
official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the
company.