Subject: [bmwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-morton-bmwg-b2b-frame-00.txt

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 16:44:02 +0000

BMWG,

Based on testing experience I shared at our session @IETF-99,
I'm proposing to update the Back-to-back Frame Method
in a few useful ways (I think, the WG decides this eventually):
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-bmwg-b2b-frame-00

I note that the URLs in the informative references don't appear
in the draft.  I'll fix this in the next rev, and the URLs are below.

Please read and comment, thanks!
Al
(as a participant)

   [OPNFV-2017]
              Cooper, T., "Dataplane Performance, Capacity, and
              Benchmarking in OPNFV", June 2017.
https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/10293193/VSPERF-Dataplane-Perf-Cap-Bench.pptx?api=v2

   [VSPERF-b2b]
              Morton, A., "Back2Back Testing Time Series (from CI)",
              June 2017.
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/vsperf/Traffic+Generator+Testing#TrafficGeneratorTesting-AppendixB:Back2BackTestingTimeSeries(fromCI)

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 2:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-morton-bmwg-b2b-frame-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Updates for the Back-to-back Frame Benchmark in RFC 2544
        Author          : Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-bmwg-b2b-frame-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   Fundamental Benchmarking Methodologies for Network Interconnect
   Devices of interest to the IETF are defined in RFC 2544.  This memo
   updates the provisions of the test to measure the Back-to-back frames
   Benchmark of RFC 2544, based on further experience.

   This memo updates Section 26.4 of RFC 2544.

=