Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-06.txt

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:23:36 -0500

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-06.txt
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:43:35 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the
IETF.

        Title           : Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking
        Author(s)       : H. Soor, D. Stopp, R. Daniels
        Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-06.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 31-Oct-00
        
The purpose of this draft is to describe methodology specific to  the
benchmarking  of  multicast IP forwarding devices. It builds upon the
tenets set forth in RFC 2544, RFC 2432 and  other  IETF  Benchmarking
Methodology  Working  Group  (BMWG)  efforts.  This document seeks to
extend these efforts to the multicast paradigm.
The BMWG  produces  two  major  classes  of  documents:  Benchmarking
Terminology  documents  and  Benchmarking  Methodology documents. The
Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related terms.
The  Methodology  documents define the procedures required to collect
the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-06.txt