Subject: [Bridge-mib] FW: RFC 4318 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with R apid Spanning Tree Protocol

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:09:18 +0100

Congrats, thanks to the WG and special thanks to the editors.

Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 22:39
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4318 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with
Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4318

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges
                    with Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
        Author(s):  D. Levi, D. Harrington
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bridge-rstpmib-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4318.txt

This memo defines an SMIv2 MIB module for managing the Rapid Spanning
Tree capability defined by the IEEE P802.1t and P802.1w amendments to
IEEE Std 802.1D-1998 for bridging between Local Area Network (LAN)
segments.  The objects in this MIB are defined to apply both to
transparent bridging and to bridges connected by subnetworks other
than LAN segments.

This document is a product of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the
IETF. 

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib