Subject: FW: [Bridge-mib] RFC 4363 on Definitions of Managed Objects for B ridges with Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering, and Virtual LAN Extensi ons

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 03:04:19 +0100

Congrats to the WG and specifically to the authors/editors/reviewers.

Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 16:57
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Bridge-mib] RFC 4363 on Definitions of Managed Objects for
Bridges with Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering, and Virtual LAN
Extensions

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4363

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for 
                    Bridges with Traffic Classes Multicast Filtering 
                    and Virtual LAN Extensions 
        Author:     D. Levi,  D. Harrington
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      99
        Characters: 188981
        Obsoletes:  RFC2674
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4363.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
In particular, it defines two MIB modules for managing the
capabilities of MAC bridges defined by the IEEE 802.1D-1998 (TM) MAC
Bridges and the IEEE 802.1Q-2003 (TM) Virtual LAN (VLAN) standards for
bridging between Local Area Network (LAN) segments.  One MIB module
defines objects for managing the \'Traffic Classes\' and \'Enhanced
Multicast Filtering\' components of IEEE 802.1D-1998 and P802.1t-2001 (TM).
The other MIB module defines objects for managing VLANs, as specified
in IEEE 802.1Q-2003, P802.1u (TM), and P802.1v (TM).

Provisions are made for support of transparent bridging.  Provisions
are also made so that these objects apply to bridges connected by
subnetworks other than LAN segments.

This memo supplements RFC 4188 and obsoletes RFC 2674.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the \"Internet
Official Protocol Standards\" (STD\\01) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib