Subject: [Bridge-mib] Bridge MIB Test Summit

From: Chris Wellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:45:18 -0800 (PST)

Bridge MIB Test Summit
----------------------
InterWorking Labs will host the Bridge MIB and Ethernet-Like Interface MIB Test
Summit in January 28-30, 2002 at our offices in Scotts Valley, California.

Purpose
-------
Participants will be able to test their own products for:

1. Conformance to the Bridge MIB and/or Ethernet-Like MIB, and
2.Iinteroperability with other implementations.

Participants will also identify and clarify areas of confusion in the RFCs where
implementations differ, and this feedback with be given to the IETF. Fred Baker,
former IETF Chair, will officiate.

Test Coverage
-------------
Test coverage will include the following RFCs:

RFC2665 "Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types"

RFC2233 "The Interfaces Group MIB using SMIv2 "

RFC2674 "Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with Traffic Classes, Multicast
Filtering and Virtual LAN Extensions"

RFC1493 "Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges"

Who is Invited
--------------
Implementors, Developers, Q/A Engineers, and Testers who have implemented the
Bridge MIB and/or the Ethernet-Like Interface MIB are invited to attend.

What to Bring
-------------
Attendees should bring a laptop computer with a 10/100 Ethernet card, and the
product containing the SNMP agent with the Bridge MIB or Ethernet-like MIB.

Test Network
------------
Design of the test network is underway and details will be available in December,
2001.

InterWorking Labs will set up a test network and test station for each
participating company. We will discuss results and findings each day. Everyone will
be following a test plan.

Confidentiality, Press
----------------------
All participants will be required to execute a Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement
insuring that they will not communicate information learned about other
participants and their product implementations. This agreement may be found at
http://www.iwl.com/Products/Legal in Acrobat format. No members of the press,
sales, marketing, etc. will be allowed. Only individuals with specific development
or testing responsibilities may participate.

Proxy Network Software Engineers Available
------------------------------------------
If you would like to attend, but are prevented by travel restrictions and/or new
security policies at your company, InterWorking Labs will find a local software
engineer with a networking background who can participate on your behalf. Due to
the downturn in the technology sector, many very capable and experienced network
software engineers are between engagements, and will be happy to represent your
product for the three day test summit. These engineers will be expected to
communicate with you daily by phone or email, to send you bug reports, and keep you
fully informed regarding developments with your product implementation.

Bridge MIB Test Suite
---------------------
Each participating vendor will receive a Beta copy of InterWorking Labs' new Bridge
MIB Test Suite and Ethernet-Like MIB Test Suite for either Windows, Solaris, or
Linux after the event. This will allow each participating company to continue
regression testing in their own Q/A labs after the event for continuity.

Chief Technical Officer of the Bridge MIB Test Summit
-----------------------------------------------------
Fred Baker has worked in the telecommunications industry since 1978, building
statistical multiplexors, terminal servers, bridges, and routers. At Cisco Systems,
his primary interest areas include the improvement of Quality of Service for best
effort and real time traffic, and the development of next generation routing and
addressing for the Internet. In addition to product development, as a Cisco Fellow,
he advises senior management of industry directions and appropriate corporate
strategies. His principal standards contributions have been to the IETF, for which
he served as IETF Chair in from March 1996 to March 2001. In that forum, he has
contributed to Network Management, Routing, PPP and Frame Relay, the Integrated and
Differentiated Services architectures, and the RSVP signaling protocol. He now
serves on the IETF's Internet Architecture Board, and as a technical contributor.

Price
-----
Price for the Bridge MIB Test Summit is $2,995 per product and includes the test
suite software, attendance by up to three engineers, connection for the test
product, lunch each day, and a copy of the Bridge MIB Test Suite to use for
regression testing in your lab. Companies who have more than one product, may
register an additional product for $500.

Payment must be received no later than January 19, 2002.

Register
--------
Call 800.459.9817 x10 or Email [email-masked]

Where to Stay
-------------

The Inn at Scotts Valley (a Hilton Hotel)
6001 La Madrona Drive
Highway 17 at Mt. Hermon Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Directions at: http://www.theinnatscottsvalley.com/page5.html
Toll Free: 888.445.3010
Local Phone: 831.440.1000
When making a reservation say that you are with the
"Bridge MIB Test Summit" to get the special rate of $129.00
(regular rate is $189.00)

Best Western Scotts Valley
6020 Scotts Valley Drive
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
831-438-6666
Directions at: http://www.bestwestern.com/
Toll Free Phone: 1-800-780-1234
Local Phone: 831-438-6666
When making a reservation say that you are with the "Bridge MIB Test Summit" to get
the special rate of $71.10 for King Room or $80.10 for Double Room
(regular rate is $80-85)

We look forward to seeing you there!

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib