Subject: Re: SKI Presentation in Oslo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:05:25 GMT

>Remember that whatever you come up with needs to
>have a reasonable chance of being able to fit into existing calendar
>software's data models (otherwise everybody has to modify their existing
>databases, which gets expensive).  I don't really see any way a calendar
>that represents events as happening at particular times can be used to
>store something unscheduled.

John: I heard the SKICAL folks say that the "unscheduled" event had a 
date/time that the event was probably going to occur (i.e., a DSTART and 
DTEND with a STATUS:TENTATIVE or event a new enumeration of 
STATUS:UNSCHEDULED), but that it would get updated, once it had been 
actually scheduled (i.e., confirmed).
This maps very well into existing C&S products and systems. For example, 
you can color/shade code the events on a calendar to indicate their status 
(e.g., CONFIRMED or TENTATIVE or CANCELLED). It was a relatively small 
jump to add the "UNSCHEDULED" or "NOTYETSCHEDULED".
-- Frank

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:42:58 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> date/time that the event was probably going to occur (i.e., a DSTART
> and DTEND with a STATUS:TENTATIVE or event a new enumeration of

OK, *that* I'm comfortable with (and would be willing to support).
Thanks for the clarification.

--
/=============================================================\
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
[email-masked]|============================================|
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |
\=============================================================/