Subject: Re: W-23 CAP Calendar property .. overlapped booking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:59:02 GMT

Suppose your CS doesn't support enforcement of CONFLICTS property? There
are a number of calendar systems that don't. I would suggest that CONFLICTS
enforcement is another CS CAPABILITIES enumeration.
-- Frank

---

From: David Madeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:48:21 -0400

> enforcement is another CS CAPABILITIES enumeration.

A given CS can fail to support conflicts in one of two ways.  Either they allow
conflicts with no way to prevent them, or they disallow conflicts with no way
to allow them.  Neither is a good solution from the user point of view.

It occurs to me that "CONFLICTS" will be a per user setting, similar to
attendance status anyway.  For example:  I send an invite to everyone on this
list to a weekly conference call (not a bad idea!), and specify "no conflicts
allowed".  Frank is interested in knowing it takes place but has no intention
of calling in ever so he allows conflicts.  Doug on the other hand will
religiously call in, even if he's on vacation so conflicts are not allowed.
Alex decides that he's stopped caring about this and deletes the item.

Each of us will have different settings.  You might argue that it's out of band
then and shouldn't be in CAP, but I disagree.  Any calendar client should be
able to change the "CONFLICTS" setting of an appt.  Servers should be required
to honor the setting.

dmadeo