Subject: Re: Transport data mixed with Application data?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 22:26:41 GMT

Steve Mansour wrote, in part:
>Can anyone come up with an example of a CAP command
>that returns both transport AND application level data?

Do you mean a response to a CAP command that returns both transport and
application data? Such as the response to the SENDDATA command?

-- Frank

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 15:47:12 -0700

> application data? Such as the response to the SENDDATA command?

Not exactly. Because the response to a SENDATA consists of a reply code and
some application-level data.

The situation I'm looking for would be like if we determine that the
capabilities really do have some amount of "transport-level" data  PLUS
some amount of "application-level" data. For example, how would we handle
the capabilities information if we determined that some were
application-level (like MAXDATE and MINDATE) and some were transport-level
(like AUTH)? How do we fashion a reply?

FYI, I'm pretty sure that this case doesn't exist. Like for the example
above, I think all the capabilities will probably turn out to be
application-level data. But if someone knows of some other case where a
reply will clearly include some transport data and some application data,
we should find out now.

-Steve