Subject: Mixed Date / Date-Time values.

From: "Dan Hickman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 07:11:13 -0500

I don't believe that we have come to a concensus on whether it is valid to
have mixed date types in a single event.  That is, is it a requirement that
all date values (i.e. DTSTART, DTEND, RDATE, EXDATE, RECURRENCE-ID) must be
of the same type (DATE vs DATE-TIME)?

Frank has stated that it would be an error state to mix date types.  I am OK
with that.  What about everyone else?  Is this an acceptable restriction?
If so, it should be specified in iCal.

Thanks,
Dan Hickman

---

From: Alexander Taler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 11:31:17 -0400

It seems fine to me.  I think it will save development
headaches, since implementations may want to treat 
these as different "types" of events, and display them
differently.

Alex