Subject: W-23 CAP Calendar property .. overlapped booking

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

W-23 CAP Calendar property to allow/disallow   U
      overlapped booking OPAQUE entries?

There was a proposal to add a calendar property for this.
There was discussion, and I did not see any objections.

Change this to a 'Y' ?

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://playground.sun.com/~dougr
Pager:				[email-masked]
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL

---

From: David Madeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 02:00:55 -0400

> There was discussion, and I did not see any objections.

I think this is an extremely useful property, but I recall discussion
that we might want this at the VEVENT level as well as at the calendar
level.

A calendar used by a resource might very well want to say that no events
may overlap.

In my calendar, there are events that I would want to allow overlaps,
and there are other events that I would want to prevent them.  The
example in my work is the weekly turnover call that I need to know is
Tuesdays at 6am, but I'm only required to call in for if I have a
turnover.  Needless to say, I usually schedule an overlapped appointment
with my bed.

dmadeo