Subject: Re: W-23 CAP Calendar property .. overlapped booking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:37:31 GMT

>I am never going to that thing even if the ORGANIZER sets no
>conflicts, yet I need to know that it is happening.  So allow
>conflicts all of the time for that component.

Doug: This implies that the event that you are not going to has 
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT set on it. If you don't want to go, then you won't have 
it block time. CONFLICTS:FALSE will only prevent conflicting events that 
have TRANSP:OPAQUE.
But I do agree now (looks like we all can be convinced of one thing or 
another!) that CONFLICTS property ought to be also allowed on a component.
However, what is the impact if the calendar has a calendar property 
CONFLICTS:FALSE and the component has a component property CONFLICTS:TRUE? 
Can you specify this? You may say NO! But what is the component property 
is set prior to the calendar property being set? See some of the 
complexity in enforcing this?
-- Frank

---

From: David Madeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:23:21 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> CONFLICTS:FALSE and the component has a component property
> CONFLICTS:TRUE? Can you specify this? You may say NO! But what is the
> component property is set prior to the calendar property being set?
> See some of the complexity in enforcing this?

If the calendar property is set CONFLICTS:FALSE, then new or updated
events which conflict should generate an error.  Previously entered
events which conflict should not cause an error unless/until one of them
is updated.

dmadeo

---

From: David Madeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:55:10 -0400

David Madeo wrote:

>> CONFLICTS:TRUE? Can you specify this? You may say NO! But what is
>> the component property is set prior to the calendar property being
>> set? See some of the complexity in enforcing this?
>
> events which conflict should not cause an error unless/until one of
> them is updated.

Slight correction phrased in the form of a question.   If a conflict is
found by the CS and they are not allowed (for whichever reason) should
it generate an error or just somehow mark it as "needs attention" from
the recipient?  Does it depend on the delivery mechanism?

dmadeo