Subject: RFC 2445 question

From: Philippe Lesage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:26:05 -0800

Hi,

I have found something confusing in the RFC2445. P81 seems to allows multiple
descriptions, and P51 journal definition doesn't.

So, do a description property can appear more than once in a
VJOURNAL calendar component ? I don't think so.  Neither the journal formal
definition nor the XML DTD allow that.

Just correct me if I miss someting.

Best regards.

Philippe.

Page 56 : VJOURNAL 
 jourprop   = *(

                ; the following are optional,
                ; but MUST NOT occur more than once

                class / created / description / dtstart / dtstamp /
                last-mod / organizer / recurid / seq / status /
                summary / uid / url /

Page 81 : DESCRIPTION
  Conformance: The property can be specified in the "VEVENT", "VTODO",
   "VJOURNAL" or "VALARM" calendar components. The property can be
   specified multiple times only within a "VJOURNAL" calendar component.

   Description: This property is used in the "VEVENT" and "VTODO" to
   capture lengthy textual decriptions associated with the activity.

   This property is used in the "VJOURNAL" calendar component to capture
   one more textual journal entries.