Subject: Proposal to make CAP able to be CRISP

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:12:29 -0500

Back in August, I proposed CRISP, a profile of CAP which plays
the same role as the now-defunct iRIP.  (See
draft-stracke-calsch-crisp-01.txt.) A CRISP server is a CAP
server which supports only iTIP operations.  This means, among
other things, that its capabilities include:

   * CAR=NONE
   * QUERYLEVEL=NONE

...neither of which is legal in the current CAP draft.  I propose
adding NONE to the list of legal values for CAR and QUERYLEVEL in
section 7.1.5 of draft-ietf-calsch-cap-03.txt.

Comments?

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |Yes, sir, we've graphed the data. It's a smiley|
[email-masked]|face, sir.                                     |
\================================================================/

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:13:52 -0500

John Stracke wrote:

> I propose

For what it's worth, I just brought this up in the WG meeting, and
nobody objected.  (On the other hand, nobody said anything at all.
:-)

--
/=================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|Chief Scientist |================================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"If there's anything The Flintstones have taught|
[email-masked]|us, it's that pelicans can be used to mix       |
|                |cement." -- Homer Simpson                       |
\=================================================================/