Subject: RE: XML DTD information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 04:59:42 -0600

Greg FitzPatrick wrote:

>If I remember correctly from Oslo - one side wanted a totally one2one
>mapping of 2445 into a DTD and the other side wanted to get started right
>away with "improving" things.

The instructions we have _always_ had from our area directors, wg chair and
the general consensus of the wg participants has been to have ONE AND ONLY
ONE definition of calendaring semantics, called iCalendar. The XML DTD was
to only be an alternative syntax for that work.

It certainly helps to be reminded about this fact, when ever this discussion
comes up.

-- Frank

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:21:25 +0100

Hi Frank

Congratulations to your new working address.  Perhaps we will see you up
here in the polar circle   soon.   Surely Nokia calendar implementation will
be iCal compliant any day now, now that you are on board.

Otherwise, I hope it is clear that I was just trying to relate history.  I
was trying my best not to be partial.  I have always had respect for both
sides of this issue.  And needless to say - this is water under the bridge -
time marches on.

Frank wrote: