Subject: vCalendar and iCalendar support

From: "Simon Mackay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:54:42 +1100

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know which programs or hardware PDAs other than Microsoft
Outlook do support vCalendar or iCalendar whether natively or through the
use of a plugin? Also has anyone bothered to distribute VB or C++ source
code for people to integrate basic vCalendar / iCalendar support in their
programs?

With regards,

Simon Mackay

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:30:45 -0500

Simon Mackay wrote:

> Also has anyone bothered to distribute VB or C++ source code
> for people to integrate basic vCalendar / iCalendar support in
> their programs?

http://www.softwarestudio.org/libical/

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |If God had meant us to be in the Army, we    |
[email-masked]|would've been born with green, baggy skin.   |
\==============================================================/

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:10:27 -0800

Hi,

iPlanet's calendar server supports iCalendar and a subset of iTIP and
iMIP.  Check out http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/calendar.html

-Steve

Simon Mackay wrote:

>  Hi everyone!Does anyone know which programs or hardware PDAs other
> than Microsoft Outlook do support vCalendar or iCalendar whether
> natively or through the use of a plugin? Also has anyone bothered to
> distribute VB or C++ source code for people to integrate basic
> vCalendar / iCalendar support in their programs?With regards,Simon
> Mackay

---

From: Federico Mena Quintero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:47:13 -0600

> code for people to integrate basic vCalendar / iCalendar support in their

The calendar in the Evolution groupware suite uses iCalendar.  We will
support importing vCalendar data in the future; it actually used
vCalendar from when the Evolution calendar was the Gnomecal program,
but we upgraded it to use iCalendar instead.

It uses Eric Busboom's libical for its backend stuff.

  Federico