Subject: Section 4.8.1.5 contradicts Section 4.6.3

From: Roger D <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:13:18 -0700

In section 4.8.1.5 it states:

     Property Name: DESCRIPTION

...

     Conformance: The property can be specified in the "VEVENT", "VTODO",
     "VJOURNAL" or "VALARM" calendar components. The property can be
     specified multiple times only within a "VJOURNAL" calendar
     component.

This allows multiple DESCRIPTION properties on a VJOURNAL. Yet in
section 4.6.3 the ABNF reads:

     Formal Definition: A "VJOURNAL" calendar component is defined by the
     following notation:

          journalc   = "BEGIN" ":" "VJOURNAL" CRLF
                       jourprop
                       "END" ":" "VJOURNAL" CRLF

          jourprop   = *(

                     ; the following are optional,
                     ; but MUST NOT occur more than once

                     class / created / description / dtstart / dtstamp /
                     last-mod / organizer / recurid / seq / status /
                     summary / uid / url /

which states that the description property MUST NOT occur more than once
in VJOURNAL.

Which of these is correct?

This contradiction still exists in the Jun 4th draft. Something that 
sounds like it could be this issue is listed in the issues attached to 
the Jun 4th draft, but the link to the message where it is discussed is 
broken.

--Roger