Subject: CAP TODO - CRISP

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:38:21 -0700

> - Look at changes required by CAP to make it compatible with CRISP
>  (If we want to support CRISP, then some changes are needed in CAP. In 
>  section 7.1.5, CAPVERSION, CAR, and QUERYLEVEL all need to be able to 
>  have values of NONE.)

Why MUST these be NONE?

Why can't a CRISP server send out a CAPABILITY of CRISP, and
if a client wishes to only use CRISP services, then that's all
it uses.

If a server is a CAP server, then it MUST be able to have a 
CAPVERSION, VCAR, and SQL-MIN. Otherwise, there is no minimum
implementation for a CAP server (it would be a CRISP server).

-Doug

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:34:23 -0500

Doug wrote:

>We can not mention CRISP in CAP unless they both go through the
>IETF process together.

Is that a problem? CRISP is a pretty simple document; I'd be surprised if 
it held back CAP.  If it did pose a threat, we could disentagle them at 
the time.

/=============================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer           |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.      |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.      |
|=============================================================|
|*BOOM* "Thank you, Beaker. Now we know that is definitely too|
|much gunpowder." -- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew                      |
\=============================================================/