Subject: VCAR - ordering

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:35:40 -0700

> 2.4.4.1 VCalendar Access Right (VCAR)
>
>   Access rights within CAP are specified with the "VCAR" calendar
>   component, "RIGHTS" value type and the "GRANT", "DENY" and "CARID"
>   component properties.
>
>   Properties within an iCalendar object are unordered.  This also is
>   the case for the "GRANT", "DENY" and "CARID" properties.  Likewise,
>   there is no implied ordering required for components of a "RIGHTS"
>   value type other than that specified by the ABNF.  [EDITOR'S NOTE,
>   this requires a lot of review.  We think that this paragraph may be
.   incorrect.  ]

I think we can remove the editors note. For a component
the ordering is not important - other than what is said
above ... in 2.4.4

>  The access for a particular UPN is the union of all grants for that
>  UPN minus the union of its denies.

-Doug