Subject: Summary of Editors Call - Thursday Nov 29th

From: "Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:16:28 -0600

Hi all,

In an editors call this afternoon the following topics were discussed:

- CAP - Changes to the new draft that went out, in particular the MODIFY
section was highlighted as one that requires the attention of the full
group, George Babics will be mailing the relevant sections to the list. Also
discussed was SCHEDULE vs. CREATE with the thought that SCHEDULE may be
redundant?

- The upcoming IETF meeting in Salt Lake City (Dec 9th-14th 2001, see
www.ietf.org) Wednesday 3:30pm CALSCH meeting, Monday night dinner are
planned

- Octet vs Character and Folding/unfolding - discussed where when these
actions need to occur, whether the line mentioning "at a character" is an
oversight or intentional. It was suggested that an explanatory paragraph be
added to highlight the suggested order of handling this

	something like - please refine my rough word ...

	"Unfolding SHOULD (perhaps MUST?) occur AFTER the charset has been
recognized and dealt with. Unfolding of an object in an unknown charset can
have unforeseen consequences."

- I18N issues - it was suggested that an RFC and/or Workshop papers been
located to be cited as references on I18N issues for protocol and
application developers

Shannon

Shannon J. Clark
President - JigZaw, Inc
1.800.4.JIGZAW (454.4929)
[email-masked]
www.jigzaw.com

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:11:47 -0500

>have unforeseen consequences."

Yes, this has been proposed on the list, too, and we don't seem to have 
consensus.

/============================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer          |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.     |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.     |
|============================================================|
|Just because we are out to get you does not mean you are not|
|paranoid.                                                   |
\============================================================/