Subject: CAP TODO: decreed VCARS

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:46:19 -0700

> - have decreed VCARS? If yes, need to make some changes to VCARS
>  in order to allow Decreed VCARS to be indentifiable

Yes. The reasoning is that certain implementation have inherent
access issues. For example, you can never deny the owner of
a calendar - from access. This could be a named VCAR, or just
a hard coded (decreed) VCAR.

Other implementations may have other mandated requirements.
Ex: Only people in my implementation specific 'manager list' have
access to 'managers calendar'.

And ALL VCARs are nameable - via CARID.

But as all decreed VCARs are 'persistent immutable' (see 2.4.4),
they would not need to be named in advance. And also because
various implementations may have various hard coded immutable VCARs.

So - they are needed.
No - not necessarily named, could be hard coded in the code.

We could recommend some - in examples. Else they would be
a MAY - and that means that at least 2 implementations MUST
support that feature - or no-no to standard. And they are
in examples :-)

-Doug