Subject: CAP TODO: autologout disconnect notification

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:40:06 -0700

> - Have a notification for the timeout of an idle connection
>  see post "CAP: autologout"

Why? Any OS that I have seen the CUA can register for 'tell me
when the other end went away'. Lets keep the hang up wait burden
on the CUA and not the CS. If the connection drops, what would
the CS do - wait until the connection came back to say - 'I
am hanging up on you"? When the CUA noticed the connection
went away, the CUA can attempt to re-establish the connection.

I say if the client is not sending data (for what ever reason),
then the CS MAY disconnect when the idle time is reached. Or
if it is notified by the CS's OS  that the CUA has hung up.
Only the CUA knows if it cares to keep the connection alive.
And if the connection is not working for whatever reason - let
the CS close its session with that CUA.

-Doug

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:43:47 -0500

With BEEP, it is now out of the scope of CAP.

George