Subject: Re: MIME Multiple body parts (Was Re: uid...)

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:51:14 -0500

>>  It's easy for a recipient's MUA to take the text/calendar
>> and pass it off to the CUA for processing; but permitting the CUA to go
>> back to the MUA to resolve the cid: URL requires more integration.
>
>They just need to forward the entire MIME message if they
>don't look inside.

That still requires more integration, because it requires the MUA to know 
that the CUA is supposed to get the entire message, instead of just 
registering the CUA as a helper app.

(Personally, I'd be uncomfortable with a helper app system where the app 
gets the entire message; too little modularity, too many opportunities for 
security bugs.)

/========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|========================================================|
|Know your limits, then destroy 'em.                     |
\========================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:13:59 -0700

> registering the CUA as a helper app.

I agree. I am NOT saying it is a must for MUA's. I am saying
lets not limit ourselves to what MUA's can do today. 
Lets just support MIME (all of MIME). And not limit iCalendar
to what some MUA's can or can not do today.

If they send any valid MIME object to a CAP server - we should
be able to handle it - if not 'we' are busted not the MUA.

-Doug