Subject: From MOVE [EDITORS NOTE...

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:39:01 -0700

[EDITORS NOTE: Issues:

      1) Should one be able to move a calendar owned by person X into a
      calendar owned by person Y.  (Can these such rights be specified
      in VCARs?)

If they have the VCAR - that is what they are for.
Yes - you can GRANT any UPN rights.

      2) Should we also be able to move components from one calendar to
      another? What if the calendars are owned by different users? (With
      components one can do a copy, then delete the original.)

I say yes if you have the VCAR.

Moving of components:
I don't think that we intended to limit moving to calendars only.
I think we just forgot to write it down - comments?

      3) There was very little information about MOVE in CAP.  Why was
      it added? Was there some major need for it?

It was added because people wanted it :-)
Need: people reorganize themselves, so they will want to reorganize
their calendars.

      4) Can one move multiple calendars into one calendar?]

Moving a calendar into another creates a sub-calendar - yes.
There is no restriction on the number of sub-calendars.

-Doug

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 16:38:53 -0500

I agree. Removed all these issues from the to do list.
Anyone disagree?

George