Subject: CAP TODO: UID

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:39:19 -0700

> - Do we want/need the CAP server to auto-mangle (aka autoinsert) an
>  incoming stream of data with a generated UID?  Especially if > 1
>  operation is going to be needed (ie: "Put this on my calendar and
>  send invitations to the ATTENDEEs" = 1 CREATE and 1 or more
>  other operations).  Wouldn't it be simpler and more efficient to have the
>  client request a UID and have the CAP server generate and return it ala
>  NNTP does with Message-IDs)??   
>
>  Besides, the client will _probably_ need to have the UID for other
>  operations (like saving in its local store if is does sync work!). 
>  (from Bruce)

I assume this is one is dead - as in client does use GENERATEUID
and that's the way it is.

-Doug

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:54:09 -0500

Updated the to do list.

George