Subject: CAP TODO: NOOP - from authenticated.

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:48:53 -0700

> - NOOP: should an unauthenticated and unidentified client 
> be able to issue this command?

I say - NO.

Else they can defeat various security login idle timeouts.
If you don't know your account and password when the command
is sent - hang up on them.

-Doug

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:57:41 -0500

>Else they can defeat various security login idle timeouts.

I agree.

/===========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer        |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.   |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|===========================================================|
|A computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without|
|mustard.                                                   |
\===========================================================/