Subject: Re: CAP: Badly formed SQL

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:45:47 -0500

>> >      a) Change the schema to make it look like a relational DB
>>Do you have a specific list of what it would take to do (a) ?
>>Does anyone?
>
>The iCalendar schema would have to be representable in an
>relational database.

That could certainly be done; but it would require CUA developers to know 
much more SQL than the current draft envisions.

/===============================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer             |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.        |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.        |
|===============================================================|
|"Call me a Nervous Nellie, but I am concerned about the sale of|
|nuclear arms in my general neighborhood." -- Dave Barry        |
\===============================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:16:16 -0700

> much more SQL than the current draft envisions.

Or we could define a must support set of command to
meet the cap-requirements specification using this schema
and SQL syntax.