Subject: CAP (Most of section 6 can be deleted)

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:46:52 -0700

Most of section 6 is from iTIP.

It can be replace by saying that you
CREATE entries in the CS.
And you VQUERY for them.

I do not see any need to repeat how to to iTIP scheduling.
That belongs in iTIP so we don't have two version of
how to schedule.

I don't think we added any new scheduling ideas.

We do need to keep what the CS and CUA must do. That is
HOW to CREATE and VQUERY. And we should include the
marked for delete attribute (METHOD:DELETE) that seems to
be missing), and describe why the CS may wish to mark things
as METHOD:DELETE until some cleanup time (for iTIP/iMIP
delayed messages).

But we don't need those extensive examples.
Just point them to iTIP section X, paragraph Y.

-Doug

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:28:37 -0500

Do you mean section 6.3?

  We must be careful about what needs to be specified in
CAP on how iTIP should be handled. Ideally, all we need
to do is to point to iTIP. However, is there anything
specific to CAP that may affect how the various iTIP
methods should be handled? Can we run into interoperability
problems if we do not specify this? I don't think so.
However, it would be good if people gave it some thought.

  Hopefully, as Doug mentioned, all we need is to say is how
to create new scheduled components, how to find them, and
the use of the DELETE method.

  I may still want to keep the examples. They demonstrate how
to do scheduling with CAP. However, removing them will save 
close to ten pages. Maybe we should take them out. Opinions?

George

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:32:31 -0700

>   Do you mean section 6.3?

Yes.

> methods should be handled?

No - and if there is we need to make sure they are needed
and that they are documented in their own section with
justification.

> close to ten pages. Maybe we should take them out. Opinions?

Or perhaps use only one of the long examples with a lot
of '...' in them and say the "..." represent text from
iTIP section xx.yy. (or whatever)

-Doug