Subject: Re: CAP (why 'select'?)

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:01:31 -0500

>There was a *LOT* of work put
>into the modify command, throwing it away without any
>debate is unacceptable.

I agree.  I hope it was an accidental misunderstanding on the part of 
whoever did the translation to BEEP.  If it was deliberate, then it was an 
attempt to subvert the WG process altogether.

(What makes me doubt it was deliberate is that it's hard to see someone 
thinking nobody would catch it.)

/================================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer              |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.         |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.         |
|================================================================|
|He wondered if Elli was going to buy that explanation. His taste|
|for heavily-armed girlfriends did have its drawbacks.           |
\================================================================/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:51:14 -0500

John, I agree, I don't this this was intentional.  Remember, the people 
changing the document did so in record time - I think it was simply left 
out.  Doug is very good at "spotting" these types of things - thank 
goodness.  Every working group needs a "Doug" and also a "John" with a 
great memory!

"John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
01/09/02 11:01

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: CAP (why 'select'?)