Subject: CAP (fan out) - latest intem draft

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:15:48 -0700

In 1.3

>
> Fan Out
>
>   The calendaring and scheduling process by which a calendar
>   operation on one calendar is also performed on every other
>   calendar specified in the operation.  Note that CAP does not
>   specify how fan out should be done.

Not quite. Fan out is the ability for one CS to interact
with another CS in order to appear to be one logical CS.
That is: Linked calendars in one CS may be transparently
acted on by the CS directly, without the CUA's knowledge.

I propose it instead say:

  The calendaring and scheduling process by which one CS
  communicates to another CS on behalf of the CUA. This
  may be with or without the CUAs knowledge. Note that CAP
  does not specify how fan out should be done.

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:43:27 -0500

>Would everyone agree that as fan-out is already out of scope
>for CAP. We remove all references to fan-out entirely from CAP?

I would agree.

/=================================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer               |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.          |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.          |
|=================================================================|
|McDonald's, which does not wait on your table, does not cook your|
|food to order, and does not clear your table, came up with the   |
|slogan "We Do It All For You." -- Dave Barry                     |
\=================================================================/