Subject: General comment on CAP draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:32:02 -0500

I've been noticing all the messages that have been going by and I feel I 
need to make a quick point.  It's great that we've gotten a lot done on 
converting CAP to use the BEEP protocol.  However, as we are doing the 
changes, we need to make sure we don't add anything "new" or anything that 
falls outside of the requirements document.  Some of the messages refer to 
items that appear to maybe be new.  Also, some messages appear to be 
recommendations for changes that fall outside of our requirements 
document. 

If we want to get CAP to last call, we can not add new items.  We need to 
go with what we have or CAP will never get done.  If there are new items 
in the CAP draft that have not been discussed on the list - they have to 
be made "public".  I don't think there are many items.  But, we need to 
ensure that in an effort to make CAP fit the new model of using BEEP as 
the transport we have not added items and not discussed them on the list. 
This draft was turned around in record time - and it's very possible some 
items that have been changed to make them "fit" may not have been chatted 
about on the list.  If so, let's just chat about them now - if not, well, 
hey, I'm being "anal."

___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652