Subject: Re: (#2) 4.1.1 Grammar for Search Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:12:40 -0500

Doug posited:
>  (1) All components look like tables for the purpose of
>      a VQUERY including VALARM. And their contained properties
>      looked like columns in those tables.

Just how are property parameters (ie: PART-STAT=Declined, 
X-LDC-BLECH=ALWAYS or SENT-BY="mailto:[email-masked]") to be organized / 
treated? 

Its not unlikely that querying on a property parameter is going to be 
desireable / necessary so the spec / model needs to be to address it.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Patrice Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jan 2002 11:32:11 -0500

The proposition includes the PARAM() function for this purpose:

e.g.,

        SELECT * FROM VEVENT 
        USING_PROPERTIES ATTENDEE att
        WHERE PARAM( att, 'PARTSTAT' ) = 'DECLINED'

> desireable / necessary so the spec / model needs to be to address it.

ps. Bruce, sorry for involuntarily replying to your mailbox instead of
the list.