Subject: RFC 2739 needs 2 corrections

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:16:21 -0500

In reviewing RFC 2739 internally it was discovered that there are 2 
groups of problems in the RFC.  The updates are easily applied but Im not 
certain if they classify as RFC Errata or what the proper course is to 
correct them. 

  The corrections are:

In Section "2.4.3.1  calEntry" the list of allowed attributes is 
incomplete.  The RFC defines 8 attributes under Section 2.4.4 but only 6 
are listed in 2.4.3.1.   The calCalAdrURI and  calOtherCalAdrURIs 
attributes were accidentally left off the definition for calEntry.  They 
simply need to be added.
Several attribute definitions use the keyword MULTI-VALUE to indicate a 
multi-valued attribute (and others implicitly omit this to mean 
single-valued.  This is actually the inverse behaviour expected for RFC 
2252 compliance.  RFC 2252 defines SINGLE-VALUE as a tag to mean an 
attribute can only be single valued since multi-valued is assumed 
otherwise.  RFC 2739 needs to have the schema updated to reflect this. 
Otherwise the schema, while valid from a parsing standpoint, is not fully 
recognizable when actually being used by a RFC 2252 compliant engine.

Ive asked for some guidance on the proper way to get the RFC corrected (Im 
guessing a new RFC may need to be issued thru the CalSched WG) Ill take 
the task of making sure the changes get properly applied or published.  In 
the mean time, are there any comments about this revision?

Bruce
PS: The contact vCard for Pat contains some minor mistakes that should 
also be corrected too...
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...