Subject: CAP (booked) - latest interm draft

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:04:55 -0700

IN:
> 1.3 Definitions
> 
>   Booked
>
>     An entry in a calendar has one of two conceptual states.  It is
>     scheduled or it is booked.  A scheduled entry has been st
>     in the calendar store but has not been acted on by a calendar
>     user (CU) or calendar user agent (CUA).  A scheduled entry
>     contains a METHOD property set to an [iTIP] method.

> ...  A booked entry is a component does not have a METHOD property.

Should be:

  A booked entry is a component with a METHOD set to to the METHOD  
  property value of 'CREATE'.

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:27:45 -0500

>That does not jive w/Section 2.8 "Relationship of RFC 2446 (ITIP) to CAP" 
either that expressly says:
>A scheduled component becomes a booked component when its METHOD property 
is removed. For example, a >component whose METHOD is "REQUEST" is 
scheduled. The component becomes booked when the METHOD is >set to 
"BOOKED". 

Well, no; it's hard to be consistent with a statement that contradicts 
itself.  :-)

But this:

>That way ANY METHOD value means its NOT booked and NO METHOD value means 
booked.
>Simple and wont potentially cause problems later w/misclassification.

does seem to make sense.

/==============================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer            |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.       |
|==============================================================|
|"How quietly do you think we can nail these back in?" --Calvin|
\==============================================================/