Subject: CAP (global uniq RELATIVE calid?) latest interm draft

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:27:34 -0700

In section 1.3:

>   Relative Calendar Identifier (Relative CalID)
>
>   An identifier for an individual calendar in a calendar store.
>   It is unique within a calendar store.  It is recommended to be
>   globally unique.  A Relative CalID consists of the portion of
>   the "scheme part" of a Qualified CalID following the Calendar
>   Store Identifier.  This is the same as the "URL path" of the
>   "Common Internet Scheme Syntax" portion of a URL, as defined by
>    [URL].

I propose we remove :

	It is recommended to be globally unique.

There is NO reason that each CS could not have a relative CALID
of 'Joe' or any other common name. A rel-calid only needs to be
unique inside of its containing CS.

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:37:34 -0500

I agree.