Subject: CAP (schedule vs create again)

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:22:51 -0700

In 

2.8 Relationship of RFC 2446 (ITIP) to CAP

It says in part:

>   [iTIP] describes scheduling methods which result in indirect
>   manipulation of calendar components.  In CAP, the "schedule" command
>   is used to submit scheduling requests.  Other CAP commands such as
>   "create", "delete", "modify" and "move" provide direct manipulation
>   of calendar components. ...

As the "create" command can do the same thing, I propose we
drop the (never debated to exist?) "schedule" command and replace
the text with something like:

  [iTIP] describes scheduling methods which result in indirect
  manipulation of calendar components.  "create" is used to store    
  scheduling requests and non scheduling booked entries. "create",
  "delete", "modify" and "move" provide direct manipulation of
  all calendar components including scheduling components.

And where it says:

>  ...In the CAP calendar
>  store model, scheduling messages are conceptually kept separate
>  from other calendar components.

I would like to weaken this to say:

  ... In the CAP calendar store mode, scheduling components can
      be viewed as separate from other calendar components.

As they could also be viewed as together with other components.