Subject: Re: Proposal for non-SQL query language

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:34:04 -0500

Doug Royer wrote:

>John Stracke wrote:
>> 
>> This is my counterproposal to get us free of the SQL swamp.

(Sorry to take so long to reply, BTW; I've been on paternity leave.)

>Great idea starter for the xml-ical proposal. But it does not conform
>to the CAP-requiements that it be a iCalendar data object.

(a) Neither is a SQL statement, but you can embed SQL in a VQUERY.
(b) The XML was just an easy way to write it out.

>And I think the latest proposal will work from Patrice, Alan,
>you, and others without throwing the entire CAP
>query issue open for a LONG debate. This one has produced

I'm still unconvinced (though I've got two weeks of progress to read up 
on, so maybe); but, since nobody's expressed real interest in my proposal, 
I'll drop it.

/================================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer              |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.         |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.         |
|================================================================|
|How many roads must a man walk down before he admits he is LOST?|
\================================================================/