Subject: Re: Re: diff bewteen Vtodo with Vevent and VFreeBusy with VJournay?

From: "cbh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:01:59 +0800

Bruce_Kahn

	then what's about VFreeBusy and VJounary?

what's should i implement while i want to set working days and off days?

======= 2004-03-11 00:43:56 您在来信中写道：=======

>[email-masked] wrote on 03/10/2004 01:41:44 AM:
>> Vevent is an event, Vtodo is a to-do. what's the diff between event 
>> and to-do? could u provide me the examples? 
>
>2445 defines Events (VEVENT) as a "calendar component...that represents a 
>scheduled amount of time on a calendar. "
>
>Examples of an event are appointments (ie: a doctors appointment, etc.), 
>meetings (ie: "Weekly Team Meeting") or all day (or multi-day) events (ie: 
>E3, IETF, New Years Day, your Birthday, the Boston Marathon, etc).
>
>2445 defines To-Dos (VTODO) as a "calendar component...that represent an 
>action-item or assignment."
>
>Examples of a to-do are "Pick up the dry cleaning", "Clean house for 
>Saturdays Party", "Update Product Schedules for management", "Set up 
>meeting with top 5 customers", "Do weekly status report" and "Wash and wax 
>the car". 
>
>Bruce
>===========================================================================
>Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
>[email-masked]
>Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
>IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
>Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

　　　　　　　　致
礼！

　　　　　　　　cbh
　　　　　　　　[email-masked]
　　　　　　　　　　2004-03-12
－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－
杭州信雅达系统工程股份有限公司中央研究院研发中心
地址：杭州市高新技术产业开发区（滨江）高新软件园信雅达科技大厦
邮编：310053
电话：0571-56686888-6441
	  0571-56686441
传真：0571-56686777
手机：
网址：http://www.sunyard.com http://www.sunflow.com.cn 
E－MAIL：[email-masked]
－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－
－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－
Hangzhou Sunyard System Engineering Co., Ltd
Add:Sunyard Science & Technology Building, Hi-Tech Software Park (2nd Phase) Binjiang District 
Zip:310053
Tel：0571-56686888-6441
	 0571-56686441
Fax:0571-56686777
Website: http://www.sunyard.com http://www.sunflow.com.cn
Email: [email-masked]
－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:45:42 -0500

>    then what's about VFreeBusy and VJounary?

2445 defines VFREEBUSY as a "calendar component...that represents either a 
request for, a reply to a request for free or busy time information or a 
published set of busy time information."  Essentially, this is now 
busytime lookups and responses are to be done (2446/2447) as well as how a 
users busytime is to be encoded (2445).  Section 4.6.4 Free/Busy Component 
of 2445 has some examples of this at the end of it that should be useful 
and 2446 Section 4.3 Busy Time Examples should be also checked out.

2445 defines VJOURNAL as a "calendar component...that represent one or 
more descriptive text notes associated with a particular calendar date." 
Basically this is the ability to have a set of notes or text associated 
with a particular date/time like some Groupware products have or that are 
available on commercial pen/paper planners like Franklin Day Planners.  A 
blog could also be constructed using VJOURNALs and so could a "Daily 
Diary", "Meeting Minutes" from a VEVENT/VTODO entry.  Its even possible to 
construct a FAQ or "Help File" out of VJOURNALs by relating them to one 
another.

> what's should i implement while i want to set working days and off days?

Exact implementation details are something you need  to decide on your 
own.   If you have particular questions about legitimacy or the 
interpretation of something, just ask.

Bruce

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:20:34 -0700

>what's should i implement while i want to set working days and off days?
We thought of creating an object for that purpose before 2445 was released.
Then we realized that the VFREEBUSY information does not have to always
match objects in the calendar. So you can return VFREEBUSY information
that always says that non-working hours are busy. Look for discussion is
in the
archives at imc.org pre-rfc 2445 time frame.

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   | Fax:    (866)594-8574
                               | Cell:   (208)520-4044

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards