Subject: diff bewteen Vtodo with Vevent and VFreeBusy with VJournay?

From: "陈碧航" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:41:44 +0800

in the rfc: 
Vevent is an event, Vtodo is a to-do. what's the diff between event and to-do? could u provide me the examples? 
VJournay is a journal entry, VFreeBusy is another thing. if i want to set Monday a free time, and the rest six days are working-day. which component should i implement by this situation? 
i eager to learn it by u guidance.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:43:56 -0500

[email-masked] wrote on 03/10/2004 01:41:44 AM:
> Vevent is an event, Vtodo is a to-do. what's the diff between event 
> and to-do? could u provide me the examples? 

2445 defines Events (VEVENT) as a "calendar component...that represents a 
scheduled amount of time on a calendar. "

Examples of an event are appointments (ie: a doctors appointment, etc.), 
meetings (ie: "Weekly Team Meeting") or all day (or multi-day) events (ie: 
E3, IETF, New Years Day, your Birthday, the Boston Marathon, etc).

2445 defines To-Dos (VTODO) as a "calendar component...that represent an 
action-item or assignment."

Examples of a to-do are "Pick up the dry cleaning", "Clean house for 
Saturdays Party", "Update Product Schedules for management", "Set up 
meeting with top 5 customers", "Do weekly status report" and "Wash and wax 
the car". 

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.