Subject: Status of Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium

From: "David C. Thewlis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:08:15 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

Pat Egen has previously introduced me on this mailing list:  my name is
Dave Thewlis, and I'm the Executive Director of The Calendaring and
Scheduling Consortium.  Pat has mentioned our interest in and efforts to
get this underway and I wanted to post a brief note with current status.
Details are on the website at http://www.calconnect.org.

* The Consortium has a new address and telephone number; other contact
information is unchanged.

* The Consortium has completed the initial hurdles, is now incorporated as
a California Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation, and is seeking federal
tax-exempt status as a 501(c)6 Mutual Benefit Association.  

* We are finally able to accept members (and membership fees), hold our
first Interop Testing Event (sponsored by the Consortium), and begin to
define and implement the technical steering committee and working groups.

* The temporary web site, and the introductory presentation, have been
updated to include the Interop event fees and the current status of the
organization.  Shortly we will be putting up more information, including
membership application and agreement, fees, information about Interops, and
so forth.  

* We are actively seeking founding members (those organizations who join
before our formal kick-off, which will take place in conjunction with the
first Interop), who will receive publicity as such and have the opportunity
to provide participants in the technical steering committee, and to propose
and provide chairs for initial working groups, among other things.

* We are also actively seeking a host for the first Interop testing event;
the host doesn't pay a fee for participation (naturally enough) and will
get extra publicity as the host of this event and the kick-off of the
Consortium.

If you/your organization would like to know more about membership, or
hosting an Interop (or the first Interop) please contact me; contact
information provided below.

And please take a look at http://www.calconnect.org for more complete
information.

Best Regards,

Dave Thewlis, Executive Director 
The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
1550 Dena Drive
McKinleyville CA 95519-4146
+1 707 840 9391 (voice)
+1 415 946 3454 (fax)
[email-masked]
www.calconnect.org