Subject: www.coordidate.org

From: Thomas Gagné <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:36:53 -0400

I'm excited about calendars and all the work being done to create 
standards for using them and operating them.  So excited, in fact, I'm 
making big plans.

I'd like to invite all of you to visit http://www.coordidate.org/ .  We 
have some grandiose plans that are listed on the site (see criteria) but 
to start with we'll be doing some research (due dilligence) to evaluate 
and review as many open and closed source calendar programs, clients, 
services, etc., as we can to discover what's already out there.

CoordiDate.org's goal is to become a free repository of event data.  The 
Google for events.  The eBay of calendars.  We've been reading many of 
the discussions and have noticed postings like this before and the 
projects have disappeared for various reasons.  This one will not.  We 
already have customers interested in publicly-accessible calendars and 
that have read the list of criteria we think a public calendar system 
should include <http://www.coordidate.org/criteria.html> and are 
encourage by it.  I promose to better organize the list of features 
(which is probably what I should rename it) into technical, end-user, 
storage, security, etc. topics soon.

In the meantime we're collecting the names and links of related 
companies and businesses and would appreciate your advising us of any 
you know about so we may include them in our directory.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to working with everyone.

-- 
.tom
remove email address' dashes for replies
The last calendar you'll ever need is at <http://www.coordidate.org/>
Opensource middleware at <http://isectd.sourceforge.net/>
<http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/>