Subject: Few Questions Reg Vcal/iCal

From: Manoj Gangadhar Dixit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:46:32 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

Kindly forgive me if any of below is naive, as I am very recently
introduced to any PIM application. Basically I wanted to know the basic 
difference between vCal 1.0 and iCal. Also wanted to know which is more 
popular vCal 1.0 or iCal? 

  I have Few questions :

  1. I would like to know where I can find this document:
     XAPIA CSA, Calendaring and Scheduling Application Programming
     Interface (CSA) Version 1.0, X.400 API Association, November 15,
     1994.
     This document is being reffered in Vcalender Spec 1.0. I tried google
     but unable to get it.

  2. Is this the major difference between Val 1.0 And iCal?
     a. Reg Object Specification :
        iCal specifies "object Methods" and using iTIP scheduling protocol
        defines transport independent ways of exchaning schduling
        information with messages like PUBLISH, REQUEST, ADD etc.
        Such a transport independent specification is NOT available with
        vCal (1.0).
     b. If "a" above holds then how the PIM application (possibly from
        different vendors) implementing Vcal 1.0 interact (in absense of
        any Protocol) with each other?

  3. Any freeware giving PIM Calendar Source code?
  4. Is there any spec reqd apart from RFC2445/2446/2447 to implement 
     iCal?

  Regds,

   Manoj

----------------------------------------------------
Manoj Dixit
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited
URL   : www.sasken.com
----------------------------------------------------

"SASKEN RATED THE BEST EMPLOYER IN THE COUNTRY by the BUSINESS TODAY Mercer Survey 2004"

                           SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email